Skip to main content
Topic: Custom fields? (Read 2006 times) previous topic - next topic

Custom fields?

Hi i have just installed EK and its amazng so thanks guys for making it, now to my question, i have set it up as a champ man forum with champ man being a football manager game for Android and IOS so what i want is custom fields underneath mine and other users name when they post topics or reply see below for a clear picture.

At the side of my post is a picture then a link saying My Messages i wouldlike fields there which i can create like Current Team, Star Player etc which users can fill in like below.

Current Team: Manchester united
Star Player: Rooney

You know what i mean know i hope, is this possible as i can't find it if not is there a mod?

Thanks guyd for your time.

Re: Custom fields?

Reply #1

If you want to have that always visible in that location I think you're going to have to use a custom theme. But if it's okay in the dropdown you get when hovering over the username left of the post,

Admin → Configuration → Core Features → Advanced Profile Fields.

You can also choose to make it show up above the signature. I think the rest is probably self-explanatory. :)

Reply #2

Or if you don't want to go for an entirely new theme, just a little tweak to the default one, either way, yes to make it immediately visible it requires a little theme edit.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Thanks for the reply guys im using the square era theme.

Reply #5

Quote from: craigibhoy – Thanks for the reply guys im using the square era theme.
Does that mean you want to know how to make it visible or it is fine in the dropdown?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.