Skip to main content
Topic: OpenImporter (Read 59353 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: OpenImporter

Reply #180

I guess it's mostly due to the fact the converter is still for MyBB 1.6.
Unfortunately, at the moment I have a limited amount of time to take up the preparation of the 1.8 converter... :-[
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #181

Hi and thank you for your great work! Is there any working version for phpBB 3.0.x -> ElkArte?
The version from post 1 doesn't offer phpBB3 as source, even if the PhpBB3_Importer.php|xml files exists in the sources directory. Is this importer still broken? All the other versions I could find didn't work for me.

Btw, is the importer able to handle big databases (Timeouts?)? Mine has ~800 MB.

Reply #182

Hi akmfcf and welcome to ElkArte. :)

Yeah, it's "broken" for a technical cavil on the member groups conversion. It shouldn't be too difficult to fix it, I'm currently fighting against the time to transfer my website from a host to another, as soon as I have finished I'll try to have a look.

About the timeouts: they should be handled properly. Unfortunately I worked mostly on the design up to now and I didn't pay too much attention to the problems associated to big databases.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #183

We need more caffeine for Emanuele :D
Good luck with the transfer.

Reply #184

I'd just need a faster connection! xD
Uploading 2 GB with this is no fun at all.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #186

I know something emanuele :P welcome to Italy
sorry for my bad english

Reply #187

emanuele is tempted to ban @Burke Knight xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #188

Nice  :P  Is there no way to do a direct transfer from server to server? With this speed you will see the sunrise tomorrow...

Reply #190

Quote from: akmfcf – Is there no way to do a direct transfer from server to server?
I tried, but the VPS timed out connecting to the host via ssh, so direct transfer is a no-go.

Quote from: akmfcf – With this speed you will see the sunrise tomorrow...
I just accepted to have an incomplete transfer: I moved the most important stuff and kept some images and galleries locally waiting for tomorrow or the day after when I'll have time. :-\
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #191

Hm, a bit off topic, but are you able to connect via SSH to the new system and from there via FTP to the old one? If it's not necessary to encrypt the transfer then you can try this one-liner:
Code: [Select]
lftp -c mirror --parallel=5 ftp://user:password@oldsystem.tld/ targetpath/

If it's a no-go to transfer the files unencrypted and you have SSH-access from your home machine to the old server, you could create an Archive, encrypt it and download it by normal ftp to the new server. I hope one of the methods help you somehow :)

Reply #192

Sorry, but I got some more stuff to do in real-life and didn't have time to look into this until after Saturday... :(
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #193

Nooo! Really? You have a real life?  :o  ;)

Reply #194

And it's biting hard in this period! xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.