Skip to main content
Topic: Stuck with importer... (Read 4292 times) previous topic - next topic

Stuck with importer...

Hello everyone!

N00b here by any measure, so please bear with me :)

Unzipped the importer to my server, /forum2/import/ .

If I navigate to /forum2/import/ I get the folder listings. Executing import.php gives me an error 500.  I try to  navigate to OpenImporter/Importer.php, and all I get is a white page. Adding the usual php error reporting options to the php gives me a 500 error again...

I have the feeling I'm doing something spectacularly wrong, can anyone help? :(

Thanks!

Re: Stuck with importer...

Reply #1

Hello and welcome to Elkarte!
Post the server logs you get. What php version are you using?
sorry for my bad english

Reply #2

Thanks for the welcome and for the reply :)

I'm still on  5.5.9 as far as php goes. Which logs are you interested in? My /var/log/apache2/error.log doesn't contain much related, only one entry for today...

Reply #3

Bump? :(

Reply #4

Why are you on PHP 5.5.9? What are you trying to convert?
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #5

Trying to convert from SMF - forgot to mention but it doesn't really matter because I didn't go as far as to pick :D

Still on 5.5.9 because it Just Works (TM) :D Unsure how a move to 7.x will affect SMF, so...

Reply #6

Depends on which version of SMF it is. If it's 2.0.17 will be fine on 7.2, but if it's an older version it may not be.
I don't know if Elk will handle 5.5.9 though. That's pretty old PHP.

ETA: Just checked the requirements for Elk. Says it should be ok with PHP 5.2+
Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 09:05:40 am by Antechinus
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #7

Yeah, Elk is already up and running, and I'm at the phase of trying to import data from SMF.

Yes, I know 2.0.17 is supposed to be fine, though I've seen comments indicating issues, but anyhow. The problem for now is with the importer! :D

Reply #8

Better test it and report. Guessing won't help that much.

Reply #9

Test what? I'm posting because I have an issue with the importer, the rest are irrelevant at this point.

Reply #10

You said you are a newbie so please note that error 500 is not the importer error but the server error. You can google around to ascertain what it is. All I can say is fix your server, then test it and report. You want people to bear with you, so bear with us too.

Reply #11

I know what a 500 error is (I didn't say I'm a newbie in general, I'm a newbie *here*)... but it doesn't make any sense, I'm just turning debugging on, otherwise I get a blank page. You suggested trying "it" and I'm saying, try what.

Reply #12

The php memory limit can produce a 500 error if it is exceeded.

Reply #13

Quote from: badmonkey – The php memory limit can produce a 500 error if it is exceeded.

Interesting, that is something I didn't know. However, since we're using big uploads on our site, our memory_limit is set at 128MB. I doubt that's not enough?

Reply #14

Quote from: Gryzor –
Quote from: badmonkey – The php memory limit can produce a 500 error if it is exceeded.

Interesting, that is something I didn't know. However, since we're using big uploads on our site, our memory_limit is set at 128MB. I doubt that's not enough?

128 should be plenty. How about php, apache/nginx or mysql timeouts?