Skip to main content
Topic: Menu width error in 33.750em media query. (Read 1998 times) previous topic - next topic

Menu width error in 33.750em media query.

In index.css in the 33.750em media query .listlevel2 is set wider than .menulevel2, which means the active item bar in the menu is wider than the menu.  I suggest changing max-width of .listlevel2 to 10em.  I'm not sure listlevel3 matters because menulevel3 is set to display:none at this size.

I'll hold off submitting a pull request as I'm not sure if it's best to just change the 14 below to 10, or split out listlevel2 because I don't know for certain that listlevel3 isn't used somewhere outside menulevel3.

Code: [Select]
  .listlevel2, .listlevel3 {
    max-width: 14em !important;
  }
  .menulevel2 {
    max-width: 11em;
  }

Re: Menu width error in 33.750em media query.

Reply #1

That slipped through my sight. Not that I could say much more either. :(
AFAIR the third level is always set to display none at low-res because otherwise it would must likely jump out of the window somewhere.
If I remember correctly, I was the one the applied the same width because playing around with at some point I made them drop overlapped to the level2.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

TBH I'm not entirely sure what to do either...
Anyone an idea?
.listlevel3 is not used outside menus. I guess the lists were meant to be used also outside menus, but they are not (maybe addons could use them), so I guess it could just be ignored.

A thing to consider is that it is a max-width, so in theory the width of listlevel2 if used inside a menulevel2 should be no more than the 11em set by menulevel2 I think... or not?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

I think the css is still the same. Should something be changed before the RC?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

I assume since no one said otherwise the 14 should be changed to 10.  That's what I've had for months and no one has complained and the 14 is too wide.  But I haven't been able to track Elk lately so I've been waiting for the RC before merging again and sorting out all the stuff that may now be broken.