Skip to main content
Topic: Discussion on SMF state (Read 18745 times) previous topic - next topic

Discussion on SMF state

Please feel free to comment on SMF situation in this topic, I'd like to keep the other reserved for a few more things I have to say.

Any issues are on-topic. Slaps for yours truly included. :)
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.

Re: Open Letters to the SMF Community

Reply #1

QuoteThey have asked for removal of the paragraph in the community blog...
That's not entirely correct, at least they didn't ask me (the one who removed the entry) to remove anything, I removed it simply because it was no more relevant.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: Discussion on SMF state

Reply #2

Quote from: emanuele –
QuoteThey have asked for removal of the paragraph in the community blog...
That's not entirely correct, at least they didn't ask me (the one who removed the entry) to remove, I removed it simply because it was no more relevant.

Fixed. Unintended, sorry, I had previously noted it's no longer public. Yes, I understand you... I'm weary of all of it, too. But it's relevant, ema. On sm.org, they're trying to land-grab copyright from under open license/DCO-or-nothing development policy.
That is just wrong (tm).
The least I can do, is let people know.
Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 08:16:13 am by TestMonkey
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.

Reply #3

It's a sad, sorry state of affairs, but raising the truth I think is largely a waste of time, sorry to say - the people who need to read this, accept it and act on it are those who stand to lose the most (face) from admitting and accepting it.

Maybe it is too late already, but I don't see anything changing any time soon, I just see yet another fork emerging - and nothing going back to the parent any more.

Reply #4

What are you guys talking about? Please fill in the holes of this discussion which I've seemed to have missed....
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #5

See the Open Letters to the SM Community thread.

Reply #6

Quote from: Arantor – It's a sad, sorry state of affairs, but raising the truth I think is largely a waste of time, sorry to say - the people who need to read this, accept it and act on it are those who stand to lose the most (face) from admitting and accepting it.

Maybe it is too late already, but I don't see anything changing any time soon, I just see yet another fork emerging - and nothing going back to the parent any more.
Fully agree with Arantor, waste of time, energy and a cause of friction for nothing. Superior product will win out :)

Reply #7

I think the topic is interesting for historical purposes in the vein of those how did we arrive at this point.  Past that I agree nothing is going to change, and certainly nothing that could be trusted to last, so I don't spend any time dwelling on it.