Skip to main content
Topic: Attempt to convert to MEDIUMTEXT fails (Read 2196 times) previous topic - next topic

Attempt to convert to MEDIUMTEXT fails

These were some issues I encountered whilst trying to convert so that large post text sizes can be supported.

Unfortunately, they resulted in the following errors:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in /home/admin/public_html/furryavalon.net/forums/sources/database/DbTable.class.php on line 209
Notice: Undefined index: variable in /home/admin/public_html/furryavalon.net/forums/sources/subs/Error.subs.php on line 72
Notice: Undefined index: value in /home/admin/public_html/furryavalon.net/forums/sources/subs/Error.subs.php on line 74

I don't know what the last two were for... I was doing something else, though.

This is for Elkarte 1.1.

Re: Attempt to convert to MEDIUMTEXT fails

Reply #1

Yup, indeed a bug in 1.1, I guess one of my overhaul where I missed a to fix a bit, or maybe an error during a rebase... :-[

Anyway, you can change in sources/database/DbTable.class.php:
Code: [Select]
		$columns = $this->db_list_columns($table_name, false);
to:
		$columns = $this->db_list_columns($table_name, true);
That should fix it.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Quote from: emanuele – Yup, indeed a bug in 1.1, I guess one of my overhaul where I missed a to fix a bit, or maybe an error during a rebase... :-[

Anyway, you can change in sources/database/DbTable.class.php:
		$columns = $this->db_list_columns($table_name, false);
to:
		$columns = $this->db_list_columns($table_name, true);
That should fix it.

Nice, glad to hear it's an easy fix. As for the other errors... I have yet to reproduce them... mostly because I haven't had a chance to get to play with the forums and attempt to break it and find bugs.

Reply #3

By the look of them, I think I fixed the others yesterday evening (the PR merged today by Spuds), it was a mistake during refactoring.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

It's ok! As long as I get thanked. ;)

/superlatereply