Skip to main content
Topic: Will ElkArte be idiot proof ? (Read 7960 times) previous topic - next topic

Will ElkArte be idiot proof ?

I think that is main challenge for every software. No matter it is web based or an application on a device. I would be delighted to know what ElkArte has in store for users who are not good with coding or lacks support of a brilliant webmaster. I hope we can start a new thread or use this one to discuss such features.

I can that not all people like to make their software in that way and would suggest taking the conventional route. Since we have moved self coded forums to established forums and there are tools like logo creator, button creator, theme creator etc, this should come as a good thing to do.

Re: Will ElkArte be idiot proof ?

Reply #1

Idiot proof is kind of difficult because people tend to always find new ways to look like idiots! LOL j/k

I'd say as easier to use and as ergonomics as possible.

Do you have any example of things that may require to be changed? (Simplified, both in terms of both UI and alternatives[1], or expanded to give more flexibility, or changed completely because are useless.)

One thing I think requires some changes is the whole "moderation/moderation center" (and maybe recycle bin too), I think it should be more integrated with the rest of the forum "work-flow", not something completely separated. But I'm not sure if this will make things more idiot-proof or just more complex...
Because maybe offering too many options make things less idio-proof
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

May be " Ask a Question " button on top. Once the user clicks it, we can show the available boards and ask them to choose one to ask the question.

Reply #3

Quote“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”

Reply #4

Haha, Joker's got it completely right!