Skip to main content
Topic: ElkArte 1.0 Beta 2 - release notes (Read 14788 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [WIP] ElkArte 1.0 Beta 2 - release notes

Reply #15

Following the original plan I think it would be release-1.0 and would be kept until 1.0 final is ready.
We are not using a development branch, so the alternative work-flow could be to just "from time to time" merge back the branch into master with the new pieces of code.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #16

You are probably wondering: where the hack is beta 2?
Well, if you have followed the activity at github you may have noticed a number of "last minute" merges[1]to fix some Beta 2 relevant bugs, for example: about week ago, just after the site update for the change of the password hashing, @[SiNaN] found a bug in the css caching mechanism, then the whole demi bold affair. @Spuds then found scrutinizer and some bugs worth fixing before Beta 2. Due to some other css changes, @TE had to deal with IE8 (I feel so sorry for you... ;D), I tried to fix the RTL version of the theme (it's not tested very well, though it should work in most of the cases [2].
Finally just few hours ago @Spuds applied @[SiNaN]'s fix for preg_replace curry (that was eating more memory than necessary).
At that point, again, the code should be ready for release as Beta 2, unless something bad happens in the next few hours... fingers crossed!! 8)
i.e. code changes
@TE again, on that, I was wondering if it may be worth separate the media section into its own file, because as it is now, it's necessary to repeat part of it in rtl.css too and looks a bit odd, though add yet another css file is a bit meh as well...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #17

The message above is bug testing as well: Spuds, TE, [SiNaN], I mentioned all of you twice, did you get one or two notifications? (I think I coded it to give only one, but I'm no more 100% and I'm too lazy to check the code, so I'm bothering all of you at the same time... O:-))
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #18

Quote from: emanuele – The message above is bug testing as well: Spuds, TE, [SiNaN], I mentioned all of you twice, did you get one or two notifications? (I think I coded it to give only one, but I'm no more 100% and I'm too lazy to check the code, so I'm bothering all of you at the same time... O:-))
Got one, which is fine :)
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #19

Quote from: emanuele – The message above is bug testing as well: Spuds, TE, [SiNaN], I mentioned all of you twice, did you get one or two notifications? (I think I coded it to give only one, but I'm no more 100% and I'm too lazy to check the code, so I'm bothering all of you at the same time... O:-))

And when I was feeling all happy for finally getting mentioned, it turns out that I was again part of a test! Attached two presents for you then, for breaking my heart. :P

First one, the box is misaligned. Second one, the text inside the box is misaligned. Using Chrome 32.0.1700.107 on OS X 10.8.5.

Reply #20

Woo-hoo! I've received my first "like" too. Though I wonder if that was part of a test too. :P

Reply #21

Quote from: [SiNaN] – First one, the box is misaligned. Second one, the text inside the box is misaligned. Using Chrome 32.0.1700.107 on OS X 10.8.5.

With Chrome on Windows 7 it isn't, it looks perfect.  :-X

Reply #22

Thank you for the second like! That makes me feel better. :D

Quote from: Jorin – With Chrome on Windows 7 it isn't, it looks perfect.  :-X

That's what makes it a brilliant present. >:D The first difference between the two OS that comes to my mind is that they use different fonts - Segoe UI for Windows and Helvetica Neue for OS X.

Reply #23

Just one mention for me :D

Quote from: [SiNaN] – That's what makes it a brilliant present. >:D The first difference between the two OS that comes to my mind is that they use different fonts - Segoe UI for Windows and Helvetica Neue for OS X.
That one I knew about, its one of my unopened presents :P

Select boxes are in general evil, they just don't like to style like the other kids, and each OS has its say in what they do, its not just a browser thing.   Safari in OSx does has the same misalignment but since we can make a leap of faith and say Safari is only OSx there is some extra padding in the css just for that.   With Chrome we can't target it the same way (well we could sniff chrome under osx in the browser stuff but at that point, to me at least, you really are going down a dark rabbit hole).  I agree the fonts are coming in to play here as well, and there are several unique ways browsers decide to round or truncate any font sizes that get generated.

So long story, I'm going to take another look at that after B2, may fix it with targeted JS if I can't find an easy css tweak that does not break the layout elsewhere.