Skip to main content
Topic: Steemit Smart Media Token SMT API Blockchain cryptocurrency support (Read 3905 times) previous topic - next topic

Steemit Smart Media Token SMT API Blockchain cryptocurrency support

Hi All,
would be very interesting to implement the Steemit.com Blockchain via their new Steem Smart Media Token SMT API.
Then users can earn money from the Steem cryptocurrecy for upvoting the postings...

For more info have a look here:

https://smt.steem.io/

Hope someone can implement something like this into Elkarte.

The only forum that uses that already is chainbb.com
but the webmaster only allows forums to be made on his own domain....

Re: Steemit Smart Media Token SMT API Blockchain cryptocurrency support

Reply #2

Quote from: hartiberlin – would be very interesting to implement the Steemit.com Blockchain via their new Steem Smart Media Token SMT API.
Then users can earn money from the Steem cryptocurrecy for upvoting the postings...
Where have I read this before?
Oh yes .. in our forum .. but I deleted this crap  :D

Many are stubborn in relation to the path, a few in relation to the target.
Visit our new Forum Project on https://www.portamx.com

Reply #3

Another crypto?  :-\
LiveGallery - Simple gallery addon for ElkArte

Reply #4

Not crap ! the best cryptocurrency in my view and it works like Facebook, so that you get paid when you like ( upvote)
any postings and publish your own blog postings....
A very nice community over there too...
This is the future of social Media...
Would be cool, if we could integrate it into a real good forum software...
The Smart Media Token API can do this....

Reply #5

I think I read something about steem.it at taz maybe.
It is a kind of... protocol based on crypto-thingy. A sort of open/closed way to "easily" exchange "money".

If we go by theirs home page: $22.7M by 334.25k users in a year, that translates into... $67.91 per user in a year. 5.6 a month... if I convert it to euro its... 4.6€ a month of rewards.
I don't consider myself rich, but honestly 4.6€ in a month it doesn't even pay half of the bill of my mobile phone, not even a 5th of the land line contract. It's not even enough to pay the VPS I run my site on.

Yes, okay, you can say that anything it's better than nothing and these would be gained just by doing stuff you do anyway, but still... 4.6€? Come on. 4 months of browsing and liking and posting to eat a pizza? I get more than three times as much doing 1 hour of teaching (and I do it cheap). I'm pretty sure people here around take more than twice for 1 hour of random work (housecleaning, gardening, etc.).

Honestly cryptocurrencies reminds me of the early day of the internet.
 emanuele waits patiently the next crypto bubble dot-com bubble xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

By the way: Have anyone of you ever used the paid boards in your board software? I can't think of any good reason. But it will generate income.  :)

Reply #7

Hmm .. I have Boards for User they have a Paid Subscrition ..
In this we  give special support like help on install, upgrade and customer code changes.

Is that what you mean?
Many are stubborn in relation to the path, a few in relation to the target.
Visit our new Forum Project on https://www.portamx.com

Reply #8

I believe in cryptocurrencies, but I did not heard about the one you mentioned. I've lost some nights documenting myself on how cryptocurrencies are working, and I ended buying 1ETH and a couple of lightcoins just for curiosity. Now the value is more than triple, it was even higher, but I know I won't became rich if they grow up more, or if I lost them it will absolutely not change my life.
I am not doing any kind of trading, I think I need to invest too much time, probably I can gain something, but there are also risks, so  prefer to keep my currency for a few years without monitor it and without dedicating time.
I am going off-topic now, a few years ago I wanted to buy 50€ of bitcoins, it was about 1€/BTC and I've lost some time before buying, about a week, and when I wanted to complete the transaction 1BTC became 4$. So I said to myself, no way I'll spend 50€ in just 12 BTC, so I gave up. Now those 50€ could became 120.000€... but that's a thing from the past  :-[

Back to topic, I don't think there is much interest doing such an addon, you can always ask for custom work, probably someone will do it, who knows ?...
sorry for my bad english

Reply #9

Quote from: Feline – Hmm .. I have Boards for User they have a Paid Subscrition ..
In this we  give special support like help on install, upgrade and customer code changes.

Is that what you mean?

Yep. Thanks, in this case paid subscription boards makes sense.

Reply #10

Quote from: emanuele – I think I read something about steem.it at taz maybe.
It is a kind of... protocol based on crypto-thingy. A sort of open/closed way to "easily" exchange "money".

If we go by theirs home page: $22.7M by 334.25k users in a year, that translates into... $67.91 per user in a year. 5.6 a month... if I convert it to euro its... 4.6€ a month of rewards.
I don't consider myself rich, but honestly 4.6€ in a month it doesn't even pay half of the bill of my mobile phone, not even a 5th of the land line contract. It's not even enough to pay the VPS I run my site on.

Yes, okay, you can say that anything it's better than nothing and these would be gained just by doing stuff you do anyway, but still... 4.6€? Come on. 4 months of browsing and liking and posting to eat a pizza? I get more than three times as much doing 1 hour of teaching (and I do it cheap). I'm pretty sure people here around take more than twice for 1 hour of random work (housecleaning, gardening, etc.).

Honestly cryptocurrencies reminds me of the early day of the internet.
 emanuele waits patiently the next crypto bubble dot-com bubble xD
Some People over there made already a few hundred bucks for only Posting their introduction posting...it is really insane.. I made only 9 cents so far from this posting , but I dont know yet all the tricks to get good money from my postings...still have to learn a lot especially at which time to post and in which group...and how to best upvote other postings to get more money..

Reply #11

This guy made over 15000 US$ by just posting this...Okay he seems to be pretty known...

https://steemit.com/makemoney/@overunitydotcom/how-he-made-usd-15000-in-12-hours-on-the-new-blockchain-based-social-media-site-steemit

Look under his post, how much upvote money he got...
$15,967.63  from 1262 votes

Reply #12

I also had a quick look over the other participants and found none with more than 50$  ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #13

You really need to post a lot and comment a lot over there and have many followers...
You also need to post really useful articles or postings...
I am still learning it myself... cause it also helps to have a lot of steempower,
so that is the investment money in the platform...

Reply #14

Just watch a few of Jerry Banfield´s Youtube videos about Steemit...
He is really a master who has put all his money into Steemit.com

https://www.youtube.com/user/dukeacem/videos

I really would like to see the Smart tokens from Steemit supported in Elkarte,
as this could get you back many users, who now only use Facebook instead of forums...

If they can earn Steem at your forum by upvoting and commenting , that would be really nice..

I even think of paying a programmer, who could implement this for Elkarte now...