Skip to main content
Topic: About documenting (Read 2258 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Start / community page

About documenting

ETA emanuele: topic started mixed in http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=2846.msg19645#msg19645

Quote from: emanuele –
Quote from: Jorin – Maybe it is a good idea to create a kind of knowledge base on ElkArte.net? I had something familiar back with SMFPortal.de. There could be "articles" describing some often asked questions and their solutions, such as "adding a menu button" or "how to install ElkArte". Just the basics. So such solutions will be easy to find for us all and you don't have to answer them again and again.
Yep, that could be an interesting project!
Would a board do as a quick solution to start having this kind of informations written down?

For the last thing, do it mod-approval and fill it up with guides to link if needed :) Or, get mediawiki up and running (less cheap as regards time consumption).
Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 07:17:17 am by emanuele
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Re: About documenting

Reply #2

The only problem with the github wiki is that you need a github account... :-\
While a board here wouldn't need anything more than what people already have.

BTW: feel free to start using support, tagging the topics with [DOCUMENTATION], when there are few, we can create the board and move them. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

True enough ... We can always convert them over as they are documented ... or if we are not going to use the wiki on github I'd vote to remove it, simply because a dead, out of date, incomplete wiki does not look good for a project.  Just IMO of course.

Reply #4

I was thinking: wouldn't be a good way to use my https://github.com/emanuele45/MessageHistory addon? O:-)
I could change it so that it applies only to certain boards so that we don't have to get the history on every board (that may be annoying).
That would make the board a kind of wiki, with less features, true, but nonetheless a kind of wiki. :P

What do you think?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.