Skip to main content
Topic: Google Analytics (Read 381 times) previous topic - next topic

Google Analytics

Saw this, and wanted to share it, in case ElkArte uses Universal.

QuoteHello Google Analytics user,

On July 1, 2024, Google Analytics 4 properties will have fully replaced Universal Analytics properties, as previously announced. From that date, Google will begin turning off all Universal Analytics services and Universal Analytics APIs, which means Universal Analytics properties will be inaccessible through the Google Analytics front-end and APIs. If you haven’t completely migrated to Google Analytics 4 properties, follow the migration guide to start making the switch today.

Exporting your data
To maintain access to data from your Universal Analytics property, you should download or export your data now. If this isn’t done through one of the methods provided in the Google Analytics Help Center, your data will be permanently deleted by Google and won’t be recoverable. If you intend to use the BigQuery integration to export historical data from your Universal Analytics 360 property, we strongly recommend initiating this immediately.

Product integrations
Universal Analytics data and settings accessed or used through advertiser, publisher or other product integrations will be unavailable when services have stopped. For example:

Universal Analytics goals and ecommerce transactions will stop measuring new conversions, including within linked advertising accounts. This may affect ad campaign performance if those conversions are used in combination with Smart Bidding.

Universal Analytics audience lists will be closed, which may affect ad campaign media activation and performance.

API requests related to Universal Analytics properties will fail, including requests for deletion of Universal Analytics data through the User Deletion API. This also means that tools relying on an API, such as Looker Studio, will not show any Universal Analytics data.

BigQuery export and backfill of historical data from Universal Analytics 360 properties can only be requested up to and including June 30, 2024. Already exported data remains available in BigQuery.
Attribution Projects that were part of Attribution (beta) in Google Analytics will be deleted.

Sincerely,

The Google Analytics Team

Re: Google Analytics

Reply #1

Thanks for the info ....

I was not aware of any Universal usage, so to be sure I did a second:eyes:to be sure.  Looks like we are unaffected by this change.

TBH I'm always wary of using google services as they have a track history of breaking changes and/or depreciation's and/or conversion to paid.  Just seems to generate extra work when I least need it LOL

Reply #2

Quote from: Spuds – TBH I'm always wary of using google services as they have a track history of breaking changes and/or depreciation's and/or conversion to paid.  Just seems to generate extra work when I least need it LOL

I usually feel the same about Microsoft.  :tongue:

Reply #3

LOL