Skip to main content
Topic: Doctor Who - Spoilers (literally, hehe) (Read 5532 times) previous topic - next topic

Doctor Who - Spoilers (literally, hehe)

Anyone seen last week's Doctor Who special? What did you think? Have you ever seen Doctor Who before? If so, who's your favorite doctor and/or companion?

I've seen it twice on one evening. It was absolutely stunning. Tennant and Smith were amazing. As were Hurt, Piper and Coleman. I'm really glad they finally showed some time war footage.

My favorite doctor got to be the 10th (Tennant), but 11 is a close second. I've watched all episodes of seasons 1 and 3-7. I haven't really watched a lot of classic episodes, but my favorite classic doctors are 3 and 7 (with 6 being a close third. Yes, I actually liked him :P), I guess. My favorite companions are Martha, Amy and Rory, and I thought it was a shame that Martha left as a main character after just one season.

Any other fans here?

Re: Doctor Who - Spoilers (literally, hehe)

Reply #1

I've watched about 5 episodes from season 1. I forced myself to watch the latter 4 because of everyone always talking about how awesome the show is.  I hate to say it, but Doctor Who is a B-rated series that doesn't even come close to being a good Sci-Fi show for me. Hated it. Won't watch anymore episodes....
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #2

Classic mistake. Start with Blink (series 3). Then if you don't like it, drop it.
Then skip to 'Silence in the library' in s4, or directly to s5 which starts the reboot with a higher budget etc. Less corny than s1 but scripts are much more complicated.

Reply #3

emanuele looks around waiting for a certain person with an avatar (that even resembling somehow Harry Potter is in fact) of The Doctor :P

Not an early fan either. I started watching it a couple of years ago after reading so many posts about it at wedge.org and having seen few minutes of a special Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's funny! :)
I think you can't take it too seriously (at least not the last two doctors 10th and 11th).
If you look at the funny part, Tennant is wonderful. But I tend to prefer the 9th (even though I don't remember him a lot because I've seen the series quickly a while ago).

emanuele goes bed now...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Yeah, Eccleston was great.
Although after seeing The Night of the Doctor with Paul McGann, I have to admit I would have been absolutely thrilled to see him in action, too. The 1996 TV movie just doesn't do him justice. (I couldn't even bear to watch more than a few scenes of it.)
So basically, my preference order would have to be 8, 9, 8.5, 10, and 11. Although what matters to me is never the Doctor, but mostly the storylines. (Okay, I could really have done without Smith. Not that I don't like him, but he never excited me either.)

Reply #5

And finally starting from Sunday I'll be able to watch the 8th season!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Name something that bites the big one
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #7

heh... I suspect as much (the only thing I have seen is when he is appeared at the end of Time of the Doctor). :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.