Re: ElkArte vs SMF

Reply #15

Nope.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #18

I feel that Tapatalk  would be useful on Elkarte,  as there are notifications and useful things in it. It's much easier to navigate through it.

Reply #20

A basic app for ElkArte is good, but tapatalk is a single point for many forums on different engines. There are people who do not use the desktop version.

Reply #21

Tapatalk seems to have many security vulnerabilities.

Reply #22

I'm not against, it's just one of the few things I'm not going to do myself.

My point is that tapatalk is made by a company that gains money on their software, and since I'm not here to promote tapatalk, but to build a forum software, I don't feel it's my task to create a way to integrate ElkArte with tapatalk.
Even more because I'm not going to use it[1] on my forums.

Please, don't misunderstand me: I'm fine with making money out of open source projects[2].

So, at the end of the day, if anyone feels like tapatalk is worth the effort, he can lobby the tapatalk creators to have a way to make it work with ElkArte or find someone interested in writing the necessary code (either for free or for money, it's not my problem ;)), I wouldn't stop anyone doing so.
And I'm here, I can answer questions if necessary.
If I were to use it somehow I may try to have a look at it, but that's not the case and likely it will never be.
I have considered it myself to offer private paid support for ElkArte-based forums, but I have not reached a decision yet.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.