Skip to main content
Topic: Social Profile icons on top (Read 2944 times) previous topic - next topic

Social Profile icons on top

Wondering if we can have social icons on top directing to our FB page, YouTube channel etc.

Re: Social Profile icons on top

Reply #1

You can do anything you like if you want to. Whether kitchen sinks will be supplied by default is another matter. Some things are better as mods.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #2

mmm... where exactly these icons?

@Antechinus sorry, but I have no better way to say it: I really, really would not see on this forum the standard SMF answer for any request.
I hate that answer, every time I read it the only feeling I have is having retch.
So, please, try to avoid it. You can even skip the discussion or say you don't want to see it, but please try to avoid the "this is better as mod" answer.
Thank you very, very much.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Reply #4

After watching Kindred spew this for every single request over at SMF, I kind of agree. It's very off putting. Although, coming from Ant I didn't feel he comes off the same way.  Maybe I already had a malox? lol
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #5

Ok, but let's face it: at some point you are going to have to say it to someone. It's simply impossible to include everything that every person might want.

I wasn't saying he couldn't have it. Just that with this thing supposedly being close to stable, some requests are not going to make the cut as default features. However, even if they don't make it into the core package, they can still be added as a mod.

Reply #6

I'm confused as to why a forum has a Facebook page. Isn't that defeating the point of having a forum?

Reply #7

Lots of forums have FB pages. Dunno why, but they do.

Reply #8

I get good no. of hits from my  Facebook page and G+ page. We just share links, right. It is more like ElkArte : A Superb SMF fork. For further details, they have to click the link and come to my forum.

Neutral tone : If we have nothing good to say, don't say.