Skip to main content
Topic: Request for a Top Site Add On (Read 2161 times) previous topic - next topic

Request for a Top Site Add On

Just discovered the Elkarte forum board, and it looks brilliant.  I am currently running a forum with SMF 1.1.20 and a very old MKPortal system. So it's well overdue for an upgrade.  One of the brilliant add on features on the MKPortal is a "Top Site" add on, where forum users can vote for their top site, this may give you an idea http://club126uk.co.uk/index.php?ind=topsite

It would be brilliant if a similar add on could be created for the elkarte board, and all of my dreams will then be fulfilled.. :)

Re: Request for a Top Site Add On

Reply #1

Hello cjazz and welcome around. :)

Yup, it may be a nice thing. :D
It shouldn't be difficult to set up, if anyone is interested in giving a try feel free to ask any question. ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Hello and thanks for giving ElkArte a look :D

I'm not familiar with MKPortal, I think it was a stand alone project and not a integrated portal like simpleportal etc.  Looks like the MKPortal project ended at some point, I wonder what happened?

Anyway I'd imagine an addon could be added for that function, maybe even with a portal block as well, looks like its just a simple rating list.

Reply #3

Yep, I have the code around and is basically a "two pages":
one to submit the site
one to see the ratings
The database was rather simple as well: two tables, one for the sites and one for the votes.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Thanks for the warm welcome.
I am no expert in creating scripts, just wish I was.  If anyone would like to tackle this add on it would be brilliant, I could also make a small donation for your trouble.

Reply #5

Welcome to ElkArte @cjazz :)