Skip to main content
Topic: Hello All (Read 2879 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello All

Hello All,

first of all: thanks for creating and maintainig Elkarte.

Together with my friend, I have very very small Forum of addicted to Alfa (the cars) we are 20 in the whole Italy, so it is a micro forum, but we prefer this platform instead of other social networks.

The forum, for the time being,  is using SMF 2.0.11, but I do not exclude in future to switch to Elkarte, cause it is very close to what I am used to.

Thanks again to the volunteers that built Elkarte open source and free. I am not an expert, but in my opinion it can compete with other paid solutions.

......and I saw also that there are italians programmers in this project: just like Alfa, this means that the quality is assured! ;D  :P

;)

Re: Hello All

Reply #1

Hi!
Nice to see Italians around! :D

Feel free to stick around and ask questions if you have any! ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Ha! Welcome, you can already count 3 Italians in this topic (even though only the one above is a developer) :P
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #3

Heartily welcome here :)
Regards Stephan

Reply #4

Really thank you so much!  ;)

Reply #5

Welcome to elkarte, I'm pretty sure you will love this project. I'm the fourth Italian (or half Italian as I'm not born in Italy ;) )
sorry for my bad english

Reply #6

Thanks to you too, Radu! ;)

Cause I am not an IT expert I will try not to trouble you too much.

In our micro-forum, just because no one of us was an IT expert, we tried to change the things the less that we could.

This means: italian translation and embed of YouTube videos.

The next step could be the change of theme but I read of possible troubles with different themes than the default so I am not sure to do this.

In any case I will ask in the appropriate board.

;)

Reply #7

Quote from: radu81 – Welcome to elkarte, I'm pretty sure you will love this project. I'm the fourth Italian (or half Italian as I'm not born in Italy ;) )

My girlfriend speaks italian, does that count too? :D

Welcome and have fun with ElkArte!

Reply #8

Welcome to ElkArte :)

Reply #9

Quote from: Jorin – My girlfriend speaks italian, does that count too? :D
Welcome and have fun with ElkArte!
:-)

I have not the right the speak in behalf of all the italians but, up to me it counts a lot and so....just like the Borg in Star Trek saga:

"Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile: You will be assimiled!"

:-)))

Thanks again to All for the welcome!