Skip to main content
Topic: All "Extract Tree" operations get "Modification parse error" (Read 5731 times) previous topic - next topic

All "Extract Tree" operations get "Modification parse error"

I previously managed to install a couple of addons but when I tried to install the "Solve Topics" one I got "Modification parse error" for every "Extract Tree" operation.

It seems this should normally be a permission issue but all folders are 777.
I then tried to uninstall some of the packages I already had and now they have the same problems!  :'(

What can be the cause of this?

Re: All "Extract Tree" operations get "Modification parse error"

Reply #1

At the bottom of the page, there should be a box telling you to insert ftp data, in the message there should be a "if you want to know the files having problems, click here", can you have a look if there is any hint?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

I have gotten these messages before that allowed me to fix permissions manually but now I don't see any.

Reply #3

Oh... I thought the problem was another one, but looking at the code, I feel it's a small bug. O:-)

I just proposed the fix.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Thanks. The screenshot was for simpleportal, though, if that was not clear.

I tried the solve mod again and your fix solved it for "./sources/controllers/SolveTopic.controller.php"
But I still get errors for:
./sources/admin/ManageSolveTopic.controller.php
./sources/subs/SolveTopic.subs.php
./themes/default/SolveTopic.template.php

Reply #5

Quote from: emanuele – Oh... I thought the problem was another one, but looking at the code, I feel it's a small bug. O:-)

I just proposed the fix.
 Flavio93Zena (#OpIsis) looks at the code, and sees the uninstall part has the old code, asks himself if it's right or not, thinking it's not :-X
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #6

Strange, I think I remember I haven't got that problem during my update and I was using the 1.0.7 patch. Or may be, my mind is just playing the trick. :P

But to OP, thank you for using FaceIt. Feel free to suggest any changes to that theme. :D

Reply #7

This happened with v 1.0.6 too. I only updated in hopes that it would solve this...

Reply #8

You should update irrespective of bugs you may find. You should update because it's the thing to do (usually each and every update has several bug fixes and maybe improvements, for the moment only one or two security-related issues, but still is good habit to update any time a new patch comes out).

The but is in the addon, delete the one you have on the server and download it again, it should be fixed now. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem for me.

Clipboard01.png

Reply #10

Sorry, I was probably dreaming when I proposed the fix... :-[

I have to dig more into it.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

Hi again,

I know you are doing this work for free so this is not to be pushy, but do you have an guesstimate of when I could hope for this to be figured out?

Reply #12

More than time, in this specific case, it's the fact I hate the package manager code from the bottom of my heart[1][2] and I have to be in a very good mood to take a look at it (and these last two days I had few things in RL that needed some attention).

I'll try to check today or tomorrow[3], if you don't hear anything before the weekend feel free to nudge again. :)
That's the reason I'm trying to find any possible way to change how addons work in order not to have to rely on that code. :P
And the meaning of "hate" in this sentence includes the fact I barely understand that piece of code, and follow it's intricacies is a darn pain.
Unless someone beats me. O:-) <= looks like smiley do not work in footnotes...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #14

Sorry. Same errors for:
./sources/controllers/SolveTopic.controller.php
./sources/admin/ManageSolveTopic.controller.php
./sources/subs/SolveTopic.subs.php
./themes/default/SolveTopic.template.php