Skip to main content
Topic: Elkarte Light has a funky button (Read 19591 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Elkarte Light has a funky button

Reply #60

Ah so it is ... but you have no proof of what was on the test site at that time Bwahhhhhh

OK I do see it in chrome but not Fx ... you know chrome used to be cool :P

1 -1 0 0 and -1 1 0 0 (rtl) are to faint in Fx ... So I'd say 2 -2 0 1 and -2 2 0 1 for rtl  for both (unless you want to be browser specific)

Reply #61

Quote from: Spuds – OK I do see it in chrome but not Fx ... you know chrome used to be cool :P
LOL
True, so true!

Quote from: Spuds – 1 -1 0 0 and -1 1 0 0 (rtl) are to faint in Fx ... So I'd say 2 -2 0 1 and -2 2 0 1 for rtl  for both (unless you want to be browser specific)
Fine with what you think is good.
I'll revert the other. ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #63

It should be ... that _last is seems a left over for sure and I think it takes more css !   I'd be glad to give a shot at removing it.

Reply #64

I did a quick replace and seems to work, but I have not yet typed "git commit". O:-)
If you want to give it a try... much better I can blame you in case it doesn't work! :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #65

Just commit it, there is moar than enough blame to go around on the linktree :P 

Reply #67

I put those changes on the test site as well ... looks good  :D

Reply #68

YAY!

I did some css right! :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #70

Hmmm, there are still border issues with the current setup on this forum.  Look at the top border of the last (green) element in this screen cap.

Reply #71

Yeah, not sure its worth fixing TBH ...

That said there is no top border on the linktree, you can add one but then the linktree items will need the negative top margin since the container still has the top border and you don't want to double down on the borders ... could also consider loosing the containers border all together.

Reply #72

Quote from: scripple – Hmmm, there are still border issues with the current setup on this forum.  Look at the top border of the last (green) element in this screen cap.

At least it looks better than it did when it started. I'd rather take a bigger border than a broken style.

EDIT: Actually, when I look closely, the 'Elk' category crumb has a broken arrow border. :(

Reply #73

Yeah all the arrows have a bit of broken border at the bottom of course the old style did too.  It just overfilled it a bit.  And the bottom border is doubled.  The whole wrapping issue is just a pain.  If we set them as table cell style can we use border combining?

Reply #74

QuoteIf we set them as table cell style can we use border combining?
Hummmm ...TBH I'm not sure.   That thought has also crossed my mind when I typed my response.  Never tried it in that configuration so who knows !

If not it might make sense to just simplify that area for the small screens, maybe no border on the container and even drop the faux arrows to save some space?  

Then again at this point we have all been looking at them so intensely that we're probably now over critical, there are things that still look a bit worse :P