Skip to main content
Topic: Filter "moved" topics (Read 5686 times) previous topic - next topic

Filter "moved" topics

My new posts page is filled with "moved" messages. Emanuele like to keep things clean. I appreciate boards being clean, but it dirties (that's a word?) the new posts and new replies pages. So, how about a filter for moved topic messages?

Re: Filter "moved" topics

Reply #1

emanuele knows the feeling... lol

Interesting idea the filter!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Like add moved topic notices to my ignore list kind of thing

"MOVED" topics

Reply #3

Well, I logged out after my holidays and... Heck, my unread list is a danged mess. Why? Because there are tons of MOVED things I wouldn't like to see, since I don't give a damn (no offence xD) if you moved something elsewhere.
Basically, an option to turn it on/off with a default value of "on" (MOVED notices ARE visible) would be good IMHO.
So... What do you think about it?
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #4

Merged the duplicate.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Thanks, sorry for the dupe, it was pretty old xD Well, I guess I am not the only one then :)

Reply #6

bump got again a full MOVED topics page :D

Reply #8

It's basically my fault with 6 topics in Bug Reports board xD Then he also moved a bit of old-ish reports and it ended up being a page.

Reply #9

I think this is only an issue with the new posts button, or at least that is the most annoying part of it.  I have not looked at that query in a bit, I think its a brute, but maybe the moved notices could be filtered out in that query?

ETA: also this needs to be added as a feature request on GitHub or it will get forgotten.

Reply #10

The only reliable way I can think of this is to use the "redirect to" column. Filter on the subject would be a P.I.T.A. and lead to errors.
That said, it's something that really happens on this very board only once in a blue moon and because there is no "daily" cleanup of the bug reports, so YAY for a way to filter the topics (e.g. author, date, etc), but I wouldn't focus only on "moved" notices. ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

Looks like what we would could to do is add the conditional of
Code: [Select]
AND (ms.icon != "moved" AND t.locked != 1)
Locked topics with an icon of moved seem to be an easy key to excluding those from the recent list (and thats whats used in maintenance as well)

But yeah, it seems to be more of an issue here then in "real life", so don't know

Reply #12

@emanuele I hate you!!! :-X

Reply #13

Quote from: Spuds – Looks like what we would could to do is add the conditional of
Code: [Select]
AND (ms.icon != "moved" AND t.locked != 1)
Locked topics with an icon of moved seem to be an easy key to excluding those from the recent list (and thats whats used in maintenance as well)

But yeah, it seems to be more of an issue here then in "real life", so don't know
do I see a fresh plugin in the works?
LiveGallery - Simple gallery addon for ElkArte

Reply #14

If I don't move the you complain.
If I move them you complain.

Complainer!!! :P

Anyway, you can be happy I stopped after one page because I was tired and bored. O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.