Skip to main content
Topic: Login history (Read 1497 times) previous topic - next topic

Login history

Sorry, this is mostly a reminder (but if anyone has already the answer is welcome to post it :P).

Is login history available to anyone when enabled?
If the button hidden in the profile if the tracking disabled?

The rationale for the first question is a recent security breach at TheAdminZone: as far as I understood, someone was able to alter the template adding a keylogger-like javascript getting all the passwords from users the used the login function in a certain time frame.
I know I use the login very seldom because I'm always logged in, so it would be nice to know if I logged during this period.
In Elk this log is not yet so useful is such cases (being the template php-based it would be easy to modify it adding a query that cleans the log, and that's why any template modification (or even preview) made by the admin panel is immediately notified to the admins via email), but if/when we will manage to move away from php templates it may be very useful to have an accessible login history to have an idea of the last time I did a login (and from where, the IP in that case would be my own IP, so I would like to see it, because if the IP is a Chinese one it would ring a bell... true it is that with IPv6 coming that part would be somehow less relevant... oh well).

The rationale for the second is: I see the button here as moderator, but without entries, so either it's not enabled or I really never logged in. And the second is somehow unlikely. Even though not impossible.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.