Skip to main content
Topic: Selective Hide Avatars as a feature? (Read 2019 times) previous topic - next topic

Selective Hide Avatars as a feature?

In Elkarte hiding the Avatar kills all the Avatars for the site. Maybe a feature set or Add-on that would let the user hide all Avatars or choose to hide individual avatars? Some Avatars are plain hideous or offensive and being able to hide just that Avatar would be nice.
Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 05:29:45 pm by Lou

Re: Selective Hide Avatars as a feature?

Reply #1

The closest we have to that is ignore user, that should hide the avatar (but also posts) in the main areas.   But yeah I get what you mean, some folks use animated avatars which just get super annoying, just like some signatures.  Maybe something like a "partial" ignore user, where its avatars and signatures.

Reply #2

Hello Spuds,

Pretty much that is exactly it. Animated avatars, etc. annoy the crap out of a lot of users. The "partial ignore" idea seems like a good way to go. Perhaps add a section to the viewed user profile were a member can do wondrous things such as disable that individual avatar or signature?

Reply #3

I put it on the tracker as a feature request ... that does not mean it will be done, but at least it will not be forgotten so at least it will be looked at ;)

Reply #4

:) Cool!   I appreciate that and I suspect that down the road other users will as well.  Hopefully this finds its way into one of the releases.

Thanks!