Re: Suggest some good movies

Reply #15

Cube! :D LOL
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #16

Quote from: meetdilip – My all time favourite is " The Matrix ". Also there is one Spilberg movie with Tom Hanks as hero. He was trapped in an US airport and is waiting extradition. The whole story deals with how he spend time. Sad I forgot that name.

My favourite actors are Denzel Washington, Jason Statham, Tom Hanks and a few others whose name does not come to my mind now. Yep, one more. The hero of Hitman.
Matrix is awesome. "The Terminal" didn't strike me as anything special, but it certainly was a bit unusual.

For Scifi though I would say my favs are the LOTR movies, I guess because of the books and all but I can watch them over and over.

Actually, if you like scifi with a bit of crossover, these are good too:

- Another Earth
- Blindness
- The Quiet earth

Especially Another Earth is quite gripping, but the most fascinating for me was the Quiet Earth, australian weirdness. :)

It had David Hewlett in it + the walls..other than that I don't recall much of it  :D

Reply #17

The quiet earth and another earth are good movies with interesting endings yeah. Thanks for posting examples of movies that are lesser known. ;)
I have yet to see blindness though. Ironically. It looks so bleak.
Yesterday I watched Symbol (2009). An absurd Japanese movie sharing some traits with Cube. I loved it!
Oh, also Fermat's Room is a nice low key movie in the same style. (Well, more of a mind games movie.)

(So, bloc, no more protendo? You even removed your github accounts a couple days ago...)

Reply #18

A good indie movie with SciFi elements I'd recommend too: Safety Not Guaranteed.
And Moon, of course. It was recently ripped off by a director I otherwise love.

Reply #19

Here's a list of the last few movies that I watched that I thought were pretty great:
Rush
Captain Phillips
Elysium
Gravity
Prisoners
The Conjuring