Skip to main content
Topic: Flarum (Read 11488 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Flarum

Reply #30

@inter, I tested the addon and except for the missing tagging feature in creating new post / discussion, which I think needs its own code / template, it is working good. To note more, currently, I get no thumbnail avatar for other latest posts.

I would suggest, if possible, to add:
1. Sorting based on buddy's post i.e. if there is a buddy in a particular post, list it, otherwise, simply say, no buddy's post exists.

By the way, could you open a new topic on this addon as I think it would be proper to give feedback there than in here.  Or may be, can this topic be split to Flarum Style Addon?

Reply #31

The button to create a new theme now works.

You want to sort by groups of users?
You want to sort your messages only?

I have avatars working.

Yes, this topic should be split.

p.s. difficulties with translation I don't understand  :(

Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 03:28:01 am by inter
Sorry for my English

Reply #32

1. I mean other than latest posts, i.e. top, newest etc, I see no avatar.

2. I mean ability to list buddy's posts.

3. Ability to list membergroup's posts is nice to have too.

Reply #34

Thank for the update. I will test it soon.

Reply #35

Nice work @inter !!

Reply #36

Ok @inter. I tested the addon again and this time it works smoothly. Thank you very much. :D

I have some idea if you wanna implement regarding the start discussion button. I'd suggest that in the all discussions (main) page, if the button is clicked, user will be ask to choose the board to post to. But my guess is you may already work on that now.  ;)

Now I am thinking whether a private post feature or addon will go nicely with this. What I am thinking is, the post should not be listed nor viewable if it is restricted to a group or buddy; or may be listed but not viewable.

Or may be I should get involve in this. Hurrmmm...

Reply #37

Click on any forum on the home page and then the "Start a Discussion" button.
The theme will be created in the selected forum.

Sorry for my English

Reply #38

Thanks for the tip as it works good.

I noted that if a board is selected, then we go back to all discussions, starting new discussion will automatically directed to that board. Is it possible to copy flarum style where we have to choose our board during the posting itself?

Reply #39

Can make a window with a choice of forum
Sorry for my English

Reply #40

If you need, the default posting page has already the option to show a dropdown with the list of boards of the forum, have a look in Post.controller.php to see what is needed, just after:
Code: [Select]
$context['show_boards_dropdown'] = true;
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #41

Maybe we should split this into a topic about Flarum and one about the Flarum style ElkArte theme?

Reply #42

Quote from: emanuele –
Code: [Select]
$context['show_boards_dropdown'] = true;
Good tip. May be @inter can integrate that in his addon.

Quote from: Jorin – Maybe we should split this into a topic about Flarum and one about the Flarum style ElkArte theme?
Yup. Agreed. Suggested that already.