Skip to main content
Topic: field to comment the attachment (Read 1480 times) previous topic - next topic

field to comment the attachment

Hi,
Do you know if it is possible to comment a file in attachment ?
i'm looking for something like in the attachment below (comment in the grey part, or no).
Philippe

Re: field to comment the attachment

Reply #1

Oh, a description of the file (f.e. "This is a glass of fine wine") filled by the user who uploads the file would be nice! Great idea!

Reply #2

Nope, nothing similar ever suggested.
Who would be able to add these comments?
Would be one comment per attachment or something like a "commenting system" allowing anyone to leave a piece of text?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

On my idea it is only for the author to give a simple explanation and it is per attachment.
Philippe

Reply #4

Thinking out loud[1]: the "upload completed" area has javascript hooks that can be used to inject elements (similar to the way the "share" button is created). An additional button can be added there to insert a comment (I think having a box for "inline commenting" would a bit more difficult to arrange in terms of layout). It may even be possible to show it open on upload completed, but this may have other implications on the layout (e.g. in case of multiple uploads the various boxes may overlap). The comment should then be saved in either a new column or a new table entirely (depends on... things). The most annoying part is probably showing that comment when displaying the attachment. If javascript-only would be acceptable, then it should be easier (the comments can be sent out in a javascript variable with the id of the attachment and then inserted in the right place).
i.e. it doesn't mean I'm going to implement it, just that I'm thinking about a possible way to implement the solution giving my suggestions to anyone interested in trying some development. O:-)
BTW this shouldn't even be that difficult, and if there is anyone interested in learning a bit of everything it could be a nice "first addon". :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Thanks to keep the idea in mind.
I'm absolutely not a developer and can't help at all... just translate in french Comment to Commentaire :D
Philippe