Skip to main content
Topic: Moderator options are visible for regular users (Read 1886 times) previous topic - next topic

Moderator options are visible for regular users

As regular user this shouldn't be there:

Don't know if it would even work after trying to remove some posts (probably not ::) ), guess it's just template error.

Second thing (related to moderator options):
In profile (?action=profile;area=theme) there is option to select how quick-moderation will be displayed, this could be removed for member groups without moderator permissions.

Re: Moderator options are visible for regular users

Reply #1

Neither.
It's correct: you have the permission to remove and lock your own topics, you have a topic in that page, so you have the options in quick moderation.
Of course you will be able to delete or lock only your own topics (unless of bugs, but testing quickly says it works), not others' people topics. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

My mistake O:-)  I wasn't aware that own topics/posts can be removed  :-[

Reply #3

No problem, I had to check permissions. LOL
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Removing own topics should not be active.
I started the topic about Italian translation and let's say that all the updates and some important are posted there. If after a few months I decide to delete it I will delete even the other posts with useful information ;)
Imo only Admins and moderators should do that ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #5

Don't worry, there is the recycle board, and ban is an option. :P
J/K.

We are here to collaborate, if someone arrives to the point of deleting his own topics there is something badly wrong to address well before the deletion. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.