Skip to main content
Topic: Updated but .... (Read 2570 times) previous topic - next topic

Updated but ....

I updated the default theme files to the latest in the repo but looks like some things are out of sync ... e.g. site tweaks that were not yet in the repo or some git merge overwrite or don't know.  Couple of minor things went wrong when I refreshed.

Re: Updated but ....

Reply #1

Quote from: Spuds – I updated the default theme files to the latest in the repo but looks like some things are out of sync ... e.g. site tweaks that were not yet in the repo or some git merge overwrite or don't know.  Couple of minor things went wrong when I refreshed.
Sorry, maybe it was my fault.. noticed an odd layout and wanted to fix that (edited index_besocial.css)..
btw: It's looking good now, did you fix something manually?
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #2

No worries, I think we were scrambling a bit to get things fixed so really no surprise we may have tripped over one another  :D

I went back and forth on the CSS old<->new to see if I could figure out what the cause was.  Right now whats on the site should be whats in github.  Also turned off any custom css we had on the site for a clean baseline.

The only issues I immediately see are that .icon-big is displaying in the top menu when it should not.  Probably needs a display:none in the main css and then display inline-block in the appropriate media query.  Also the mini avatar in the top menu is not resizing correctly, right now all I see is my Avatar's eyeball .. kind of cool and creepy !

Reply #3

The menu icons visible even at resolutions between 1024 and 1280 are part of the broken stuff?
At certain resolutions the buttons are jumping on two lines...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Around 950px the menu looks terrible, try to zoom and you'll see what I mean. Cannot upload a screenshot right now, going to bed.
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #5

Quote from: Flavio93Zena (#OpIsis) – Around 950px the menu looks terrible, try to zoom and you'll see what I mean. Cannot upload a screenshot right now, going to bed.
yep, sorry.. I've reverted some of my previous changes (only on the site) ..
The "swichting between text and icons" needs definitely some fine tuning..
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #6

I guess this could be considered fixed?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.