Skip to main content
Topic: News Fader Error (Read 1878 times) previous topic - next topic

News Fader Error

Another problem I am having, heh heh. I have come to frequent this forum because of the outstanding help I have gotten so far.

Check the image. No matter what delay I put into the news fader's delay on top of the page, it remains at 6 seconds. I tried three times as much, and still no change. Do you think it can be hard-coded into like 10 seconds since the user interface to change the time isn't working for me?

Problem is that I have no idea where I should look for this bug, whether it is theme-related or something. Any directions and help would be awesome, and it would be great if this could simply start working instead of putting it into 10 seconds permanently.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Re: News Fader Error

Reply #1

emanuele feels like "someone" (hint <=) forgot to add the time as parameter of the newsfader initialization call

Code: [Select]
$(\'#elkFadeScroller\').Elk_NewsFader();', true);
should be something like:
Code: [Select]
$(\'#elkFadeScroller\').Elk_NewsFader(' . (empty($settings['newsfader_time']) ? '' : '{\'iFadeDelay\': ' . $settings['newsfader_time'] . '}') . ');', true);
Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 02:40:48 am by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Ah, awesome! Which file is it though?

Reply #3

@Auctor Lucan ./themes/default/index.template.php or ./themes/YOUR_THEME/index.template.php

Reply #4

I may be that certain someone  ;D

Reply #5

Actually, I was thinking it was me that didn't write it there... who knows. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Thanks for the help with this!