Skip to main content
Topic: RSS Feed Poster (Read 12289 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RSS Feed Poster

Reply #15

Quote from: Spuds – ...

unless its on a board that does not count posts).  

Well - that is the reason. board-counting in the database is 0, subs.RSS interprets 1 as count. There are only the marked lines where a previous set user-counting value is set to off when boards do not count (== 0 originally, changed by mgr to == 1)

Quote from: Spuds –
(PS I tweaked the format of your post so it rendered properly, footnotes inside of a code block do not render)

Many thanks. I didn't dream that a tag code=Text was possible and already in ElkArte. I didn't yet come to exploring the source how BBC is formatted. M limited knowledge is based on SMF files.
no signature yet

Reply #16

Reading my answer now me thinks I have thought too quickly before posting - sorry.

The user count-switch is set correctly to 0 or 1, all following conditions set this switch to 0 for not counting. Up to here all OK.

Now comes the feed-counting switch (from the board counting switch) testing this value against 0[sic] sets user-count switch to 0 (off). A look into the database reveals though that a board setting of count = off sets this value to 1. My working and supposed changes will correct this wrong assumption and count all RSS-Postings correctly in the board and for the selected user.
no signature yet

Reply #17

Update

!Fix broken link urls in atom based fields
!Set scheduled task to check every two minutes new installs only

Reply #18

Just one question about the addon ... is it possible to gather YouTube channels like it is with FreshRSS and it's extension YouTubeChannel2RssFeed?

Also are those videos possible to watch within ElkArte?

Also it's not a big thing to make separated "forum" for this aggregation so they are not messing up the discussion topics?
Stop Whining!

Reply #19

I believe EA supports embedded Youtube Videos (perhaps by add-on?), but whether or not they are viewable within EA is probably up to YouTube.. I have seen more and more YouTube video presentations in various sites with the overlay saying something like: "This Video can only be viewed in Youtube.. Click here"

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //

Reply #20

Quote from: Steeley – I believe EA supports embedded Youtube Videos (perhaps by add-on?), but whether or not they are viewable within EA is probably up to YouTube.. I have seen more and more YouTube video presentations in various sites with the overlay saying something like: "This Video can only be viewed in Youtube.. Click here"

Maybe it's more about the way they are embedded ...

Since I have never encountered anything like this when watching YT with MPV media player, for example.

The fact that you don't need to search for the RSS feed hyperlink for the feed aggregator with that FreshRSS extension. In that you can just c+p the channels URL and that's it.

Sure all YT channels have RSS feeds included in their channel page but you cannot just c+p it. You have to dig it from the webpage source.
Stop Whining!

Reply #21

Update
!Fixes for PHP 8.0+