Skip to main content
Topic: Member group color everywhere (Read 3910 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from [ADDON] Colored Names

Member group color everywhere

Shouldn't this be standard in ElkArte? I mean you have the possibility to add a color to a membergroup, but that color is only shown in board index, nowhere else. But why not? If I give a color to a group I want this color to be shown everywhere, otherwise it makes no sense.

So, please make it so that ElkArte 1.0.3 shows the color everywhere on the board!

Re: Member group color everywhere

Reply #1

That's another thing: this allows the user to customize its name. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Oh! Sorry!  :o  :-[

Split it and make a feature request?

Reply #3

I agree completely with you @Jorin  in that once you make a colored usergroup name that it should be forum wide.

Reply #4

Maybe SMF-SimpleColorizer may help you.

Reply #5

And friends should be bold all over the board (not only in info center).  :P

Reply #7

Today I'm very pushy!  ;D

Reply #8

Well, that is an ElkArte feature request as far as I can tell, not much to do with the addon, so... :P (And I think there is already a topic about it.)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

Maybe something for 1.0.4, depends on whats involved, I'd assume its all template work, but could be something left over that was stuffed in the controller.

Reply #10

Is the information even loaded everywhere it may be needed?
For example in action=recent or action=unread is there?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

Good question, I have no idea.  I assumed this was part of loadmembercontext but TBH I have not looked at all.  It seems like the type of information that should load with the user?  Then again I'm so friggin tired right now I may not be thinking straight :P

Reply #12

Yup, it is, but what I was thinking (or trying to think since I'm quite tired as well... lol) is that I'm not sure all the actions use loadmembercontext, but many just grab the stuff they need with a different function/query...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #13

Quote from: emanuele – Well, that is an ElkArte feature request as far as I can tell, not much to do with the addon, so... :P (And I think there is already a topic about it.)

Sorry, yes, good point. Maybe it should be moved.  :-[  Was tired as well.

Reply #14

I split the topic and moved it to its own in feature requests. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.