Skip to main content
Topic: Incorrect notification (Read 2063 times) previous topic - next topic

Incorrect notification

The wrong notification is received after the admin changes the QUOTE in the user's post. The admin often has to do this because users unknowingly delete the closing tag in the quote, after which the entire text in the post is displayed as a quote.
Next, the author of the message that was quoted in the user's post is sent a notification.
This notification says that "the admin quoted your message" + a link to the user's post with a quote from the author.
However, in fact, it is the user who "quoted your message", but not the admin. The admin only corrected an incorrectly placed quote.

What to do?
Don't correct incorrect quotes in user posts?))

ElkArte 1.1.6
Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 09:18:36 pm by forumovod

Re: Incorrect notification

Reply #1

Have to look a bit, but its must be using who last saved the message and not who originally wrote the message.  Hope that is an easy fix, that notification is tied into the post function which certainly returned who hit save, not sure it has the original at that point or if another db query would be needed.

Reply #2

Quote from: Spuds – Have to look a bit, but its must be using who last saved the message and not who originally wrote the message.  Hope that is an easy fix, that notification is tied into the post function which certainly returned who hit save, not sure it has the original at that point or if another db query would be needed.

The problem is that the notification is sent to the author of the quoted post, but not to the author of the post in which the admin corrected the quote.

screen.jpg
Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 10:03:29 pm by forumovod

Reply #3

I believe I have this sorted now for 1.1.7, the quoting is always attributed to the post creator and never the modifier.

The fix also prevents the resending of the quote notification on edit

Reply #4

Someone already reported this on my forum, but I don't know why I never posted here about :-[
sorry for my bad english

Reply #6

Yes the PR for the fix has been included in 1.1.7 :D