Skip to main content
Topic: Browser notification staying (Read 3831 times) previous topic - next topic

Browser notification staying

Recently, I get a browser notification every time I visit this forum, whether there are new posts or not. Since last couple of visits, the browser notifications says something like " You have one notification " or similar. This as I can only assume is a browser notification which stayed even after I read the notification available to me. It is quite annoying to see it when there are nothing new to read / check. I can of course disable it from browser, but I would like to receive real notifications. Hence thought of reporting here. Thanks.

Re: Browser notification staying

Reply #1

As far as I remember, new posts are not notified.
The only things notified are... the notifications in the notifications menu (i.e. mentions, likes, quotes, etc.).
So, just to be sure, the notifications menu is at 0? (I'm asking because I have 39 to keep track of few thing and cannot set them all to zero now.)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

The last notification I got was when there was likes for " Share graphics " contribution. That was at least 3 days back. Then late today, I got one like of Android app thread. So, yes, no notifications where there since a long time.

Reply #3

I just got one now. And, there are no notifications since yesterday ( which I already read and is gone ).

Reply #5

{"timelast":"1401903320","mentions":0,"desktop_notifications":{"new_from_last":"0","title":"Notifications from ElkArte Community.","message":"You have 0 new notifications."}}

Reply #6

Happened again.

Reply #7

Before I start looking into this, so I have more details: does anyone else have the same issue?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

I mainly use mobile especially EA android app, so did not really face this browser notification yet.

Reply #10

When I use it in FF on Android, I used to get such stray notifications on the notifications area. I have not tried on Android recently.

Reply #11

Code: [Select]
{"timelast":"1470014129","mentions":"1","desktop_notifications":{"new_from_last":"0","title":"Notifications from ElkArte Community.","message":"You have 0 new notifications."}}

Quote from: emanuele – Before I start looking into this, so I have more details: does anyone else have the same issue?
I still see an active notice here since a few months. I already reported it here http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=3928.0
Don't know if is the same bug
sorry for my bad english

Reply #12

Quote from: radu81 – I still see an active notice here since a few months. I already reported it here http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=3928.0
Don't know if is the same bug
sorry for the bump, don't forget about this for the RC release ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #13

This was fixed I think in RC1, right?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.