Skip to main content
Topic: "Topic" word near title (Read 13853 times) previous topic - next topic

"Topic" word near title

I am wondering if we really need this nowadays. I'd say no.

Re: "Topic" word near title

Reply #1

Could sound like a plan. :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

I am wondering what's the purpose of that "Topic" near title since we don't have any other kind of content.
Could have sense if we got articles, blogs or any kind of content different from topics.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

I don't see the point

Reply #4

It tells users what they are looking at.

Let's say someone creates a Topic "What Are You Doing?", or "ERROR Page"..

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //

Reply #5

It is clearly a topic title, so I agree we don't need to tell anyone about that. Plus html h2 or h3 may already be there. But isn't a simple language edit will suffice to remove that?

Reply #6

Quote from: ahrasis – It is clearly a topic title, so I agree we don't need to tell anyone about that. Plus html h2 or h3 may already be there. But isn't a simple language edit will suffice to remove that?

If everyone is good with this, I guess I am..

Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 10:42:19 pm by Steeley

Reply #7

You are misleading by not putting the whole picture. It is clearly under a board if you revealed them all without the cut. So, yes, it is fine with me because if seen as a whole, it is fine. Plus we can moderate and edit a topic title if we think it could mislead people.

Reply #8

I'm pretty sure you're not alluding to intent to mislead, ahrasis, the screenshot was edited for focus rather than deception.

navigation.jpg

Yes, if you look around the page, you can figure it out, but specifically labeling the content of that block provides 'at a glance' clarity, where you are in the 'nesting'. (That is, you're at the "bottom" of the hierarchy - in a topic - not just another sub-board..)

I guess putting in the work, as little as it may be, to remove a "navigation aid' that doesn't seem to hurt anything, and may be helpful to users (especially new ones hoping to wrap their heads around an unfamiliar interface, plus clarify terminology), might not be the most productive use of our time.

But then, given the minimal impact of removing it, debating it incessantly isn't exactly productive either, so I'm comfortable with the notion that I've done my due diligence and advocated for the devil, and leave it by reiterating my earlier post..

"If everyone is good with (removing) this, I guess I am...."   ;)
Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 10:12:05 am by Steeley

Reply #9

Yeah, whatever. Keep it or remove it, doesn't matter much to me. Easy removal and it is not for me to decide anyway. I already answer whether it is fine in my point of view.