Skip to main content
Topic: Logo on left hand side (Read 3233 times) previous topic - next topic

Logo on left hand side

I wonder why we have these 2 logo system ? One linkable text logo at left and image logo at right. Wouldn't it be nice to have 2 classes only.  1. Logo and 2. header ?

Is it possible to modify ElkArte code to above said logo system ?

Re: Logo on left hand side

Reply #1

O_o
Where does Elk have two logos?
There is the name of the forum on the right and the logo on the left.

Are you suggesting to modify the default theme, or do you want to know how to modify your custom theme?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

@emanuele yes I want to know also how to modify so I can create my custom theme. thank you.

Reply #3

Quote from: emanuele – Are you suggesting to modify the default theme, or do you want to know how to modify your custom theme?

Yes, custom theme. How to display only one name in header, on left, linkable. And turn of whatever we have now on right.

Reply #4

Sorry for the late reply, but it has been another somehow busy week.

So, yes, the header is in index.template.php, I don't remember exactly the line, but searching for "logo" will bring you there in no time.
The current code is a bit fancy because it supports three headers: logo on the right and name on the left, logo on the left and name on the right, only logo centered.
You can change that bit of template and remove whatever you don't need.
If the logo is the thing you want to keep, you could even just select the "centered logo" option and then float it on the left.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Quote from: Wizard – Yes, custom theme. How to display only one name in header, on left, linkable. And turn of whatever we have now on right.

Shouldn't be that hard as that is almost using default while hiding the logo on its right. FaceIt theme of mine has name on the left and menu on the right.