Skip to main content
Topic: Deleting thread (Read 1658 times) previous topic - next topic

Deleting thread

Am I right in assuming that deleting a thread removes all posts in the thread as well?
Just wanna be sure before I do it

And one small question - how does views work? No increment unless someone else has viewed it?

Thanks

Re: Deleting thread

Reply #1

Quote from: fritzelly – Am I right in assuming that deleting a thread removes all posts in the thread as well?
Just wanna be sure before I do it
Deleting a thread (or a topic, that's how they are called in Elkarte) will delete all posts and all the attachments in that topic.
Take into consideration you can also set a board as a recycle bin for topics, so all deleted topics and posts will end up in that board. To set a recycle bin board go into ACP > Forum > Boards > Settings > and enable the Recycle bin and choose a board. I usually use a board where only admin and moderators can access. Use that board only as recycle bin, do not create topics and posts inside. There is also an option to empty the recycle bin board.

Quote from: fritzelly – And one small question - how does views work? No increment unless someone else has viewed it?
The statistics in SMF/Elkarte are not that precise, because counters will increment if users, guests or robots ( like search spiders) will visit your forum.

sorry for my bad english

Reply #2

Brilliant, thanks radu. The recycle bin will be nice

Reply #3

Quote from: fritzelly – And one small question - how does views work? No increment unless someone else has viewed it?
IIRC there is a "grace period" and/or some session-based logic, but my memory of this part is rather fuzzy.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.