Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] PDF Print (Read 15301 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON] PDF Print

Reply #15

Okay, it's not a browser problem, I have the error with both IE and Chrome. Phew! But maybe it's a problem with the image resize addon, which I installed at the same time? Sadly I don't know if the problem appeared before or after the image resize addon installation.

It is PHP 5.6.29-nmm1 and Imagick 3.4.1. And GD seems to be there too, bundled (2.1.0 compatible).

Reply #16

Was finally able to duplicate the issue ... now on to fix it !

Reply #17

New version to test .. uninstall / delete the old and upload / install this one.

This also changes the button to say PDF, so whatever edit you made to do that should no longer be needed.

Reply #18

Thank you, I will try it tomorrow.

Reply #19

Thank you, it works with the new version!  :)

Reply #20

Updated package to support ElkArte 1.1

Reply #21

When clicking as a guest:

Code: [Select]
Fatal error: Call to undefined function fatal_lang_error() in /www/htdocs/xyz/hp_elkarte/sources/controllers/PDF.controller.php on line 55

Reply #22

Yup ... thats what we call a bug :D

I'll fix that shortly, but I'm also going to "hide" the PDF button for guests since its not supposed to work for them anyway.

Reply #23

I updated the package, it should now be available on the addon site.

Reply #24

Okay, but the button "print" (not PDF!) as a guest is still there. It seems this is the old function? I can't disable "print for guests" because there is no such setting in the groups permissions for guests.

Reply #25

Yeah I noted that the print button was still there (that has nothing to do with the addon).   I think to remove that you have to disable the print topic feature which I think is under the topic settings in the ACP.

Reply #26

If I do that, your PDF button is gone too.  :D

Reply #27

Yes ... I think the option is simply on or off and its not a permission based feature, kind of strange really.

Reply #28

Update to version 1.0.8

- Updates to latest tfpdf library with better php 7.4 support.
 - Adds basic limited support for inline images/attachments.
 - Adds basic support for levertine gallery images.
 - Fixes several layout issues with below post attachments.

Note, gallery and inline images are only rendered as left aligned images, so what you see and what you get will be  different.  There are many cases/variations and I did not want deal with them all.  PR's are welcome if you want to improve on how images are handled.

See the first post for the link to the addon site

Reply #29

Can you add the ability to disable images all together for PDF Print?
Can you add the ability to see and use this addon based on permissions?
Thank you!