Skip to main content
Topic: " More options " in Quick Reply " (Read 3737 times) previous topic - next topic

" More options " in Quick Reply "

At time we start type in Quick Reply and find the need for more option like adding attachments or similar. Just wondering if we can have " More Options " button in Quick Reply which will take us to full editor without loosing the typed text ?

Re: " More options " in Quick Reply "

Reply #1

What about Preview button? If you click on it you will be taken to full editor.

Reply #2

I never noticed it before. Thanks.

PS : But would be nice to have separate button in my opinion. Otherwise hard to find.

Reply #3

The preview button is in smf since 1.1 version
sorry for my bad english

Reply #4

hmm... that "separate button" sounds something like what XF has: the "more options" that brings you to the post page, the "preview" that opens a modal popup with the preview. Honestly I hate that modal preview, it feels "wrong" to me.

I remember, though, it took me a while to adapt to IPB with its "more options" button, because I wanted a preview, and I was looking for a "preview" button.

Rename it to "preview and options" seems too long. And add another button just to have two buttons is not something I would do either.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be against adding an area for attachments (even a small one on the left of the buttons), because I think it's what 95% of people want when they start typing a message in the quick reply and feel the urge to go to the full post page. I guess it may even be a simple input button without all the drag&drop stuff.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Yep, I got the idea of " More options " from IPB. May be we call simply add a + button which will either give attachment option or show full editor without spoiling what we have typed so far.

Reply #7

I've been advocating for this for a while. But I'd rather get rid of the post page all together, and just add everything to the quick reply. Preview and just open into a div above the quick reply or something.
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #8

Maybe "preview/more" instead of simply preview.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

That seems more descriptive, since if you wanted to add attachments that's the way to get there ... Could actually then make preview a legit preview in the QR box without going to the post page.

Reply #10

I like this idea. :D

Reply #11

Quote from: Spuds – Could actually then make preview a legit preview in the QR box without going to the post page.
That could be an option too, it may fit into the general idea of using SCEditor for the quick reply as well, that way the preview box and buttons are just sent without having to mess with other "tweaks". :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #12

Bookmarking this. But wait, where is that bookmark button? ;D

Reply #13

Quote from: ahrasis – Bookmarking this. But wait, where is that bookmark button? ;D

It's usually a star icon located in your browser. :P
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #14

By the way, can we move this new QR anywhere we want? I was thinking of experimenting QR box under each and every for recent post, right after I make it to look alike display page.