Skip to main content
Topic: Inline Images (Read 4077 times) previous topic - next topic

Inline Images

Good day,

I downloaded and installed ElkArte yesterday and I'm in love with it - so easy to configure and to extend. If any developers or contributors are reading this, I appreciate your work.

On my favorite forum which is a Discourse-type forum I think, there's the option to just drag a JPG from your PC into your post text-box and have that upload somewhere and show automatically when you hit the "Post" button. Is something like this available for ElkArte? I'm using the image tags for inline images, but that means that I have to upload images to whatever host I want to use and then go to the URL and copy it, (even if it's just to make sure I'm getting all the percent 20s for spaces in there), and put it between the image tags and do things that way. I mean, that works and if it's what I have to do to avoid paying $100 per month it's all cool with me, but it's a bit of a jog.

As far as image hosting goes, I don't care if images get uploaded to my web space area. My site is a journal-portfolio site and frankly if three people wind up uploading anything at all to my forum I'll consider the whole thing to be an unqualified success and I'll go out for a drink or something. What I'm saying is that my traffic is going to be very low, there's no general-interest stuff there.

Thanks, and thank you all again for the great stuff. :)

- Mark

Re: Inline Images

Reply #1

If you click on the "share" button you'll have a drop down you can use to inline an image:
Screenshot_20190728-203820.jpg
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Aaaaand @Spuds seems like we haz a bugz in the alignment of the "insert" button at low resolutions... :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Tracked .....  8)

Reply #4

Thanks!

Reply #5

Sorry about necromancy ... but for some reason my install doesn't want to do the inline images ... I haven't found any setting that says it's disabled or something ... what gives?

There is no button next to the image like you can see ... this might be some silly mistake on my part, but I seem not to locate the problem.

2023-02-03_17-32.png
Stop Whining!

Reply #6

Yo need to enable inline attachments in Admin > Forum > Attachments & Avatars > Attachments settinges > last but one option
sorry for my bad english

Reply #7

Quote from: radu81 – Yo need to enable inline attachments in Admin > Forum > Attachments & Avatars > Attachments settinges > last but one option

Oh FFS me ... I have gone by and set the attachment sizes and such but for some reason I just didn't see this.

I thought I'll have just good old ID-107 error.

Thanks and sorry for the necromancy again!
Stop Whining!

Reply #9

Then I would say its a custom theme issue  :zipper_mouth:

Reply #11

I know, that's why its funny  :grin:

Reply #12

I would say something about smart alecs, but it's a given when it comes to you, my friend. :joy:

Reply #13

I do plan a proper look over on that one, since its being used ! ...  There were several changes in 1.1.8/9 and could have caused issues, should be by this weekend:pray: