Skip to main content
Topic: Migration of SMF to ElkArte (Read 23914 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Migration of SMF to ElkArte

Reply #90

I have good news. I have achieved the desired skills. I am happy. First of all I managed to get the 2 smf databases together, I've been trying for years. There was a bug that the avatars were not imported from smf, but that's not important. I think I'll go with elkarte, because I got more out of it in 8 hours than vbulletin.

Thanks for the replies!

Re: Migration of SMF to ElkArte

Reply #91

Quote from: ' Tzs , – I have good news. I have achieved the desired skills. I am happy. First of all I managed to get the 2 smf databases together, I've been trying for years. There was a bug that the avatars were not imported from smf, but that's not important.

You're a better man than I, Gunga Din!

Quote from: ' Tzs , – I think I'll go with elkarte, because I got more out of it in 8 hours than vbulletin.

Thanks for the replies!

...TikiWiki (that was six months of screwing around before I found a "fatal bug" in a rarely used but essential feature for me that nobody could resolve in a race against the clock, when the clock ran out..), PHPBBS, I looked at bunches..  EA bested 'em all for desired features, flexibility and support (and I ain't just suckin up, that's just the fact of the matter..)

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //