Skip to main content
Topic: Basic Elkarte Installation issues (Read 3267 times) previous topic - next topic

Basic Elkarte Installation issues

So, I trashed my VPS with the first install of Elkarte before realising I was hitting an inode limitation (OpenVZ problem) and I'm starting again. This is a new 14.04 VPS and I'm still getting used to new PHP, Apache2 and MySQL versions.

Problems with 1.0.1 install:

1) All URLs in theme, smileys. avatars defaulting to 127.0.0.1 (clue is the broken layout without a theme)

Pretty sure I had this last time. Easily fixable but not ideal for new users. Surely the installer should derive these URLs from the forum URL?

2) I can't upload anything to forum. Same server has a running version of SMF which uploads fine so it doesn't seem to be a php.ini issue.  When I choose something to upload I get the attached error. 

Re: Basic Elkarte Installation issues

Reply #1

On the file upload, is there anything in the post / ajax response?   Obviously "undefined" is a useless error, not sure if that from text file missing or an error that the js did not understand.

If you want to share the address and an ID for test, feel free to PM me so I can take a look.

ETA: on the 127.0.0.1, what should be coming from your server, what does this output when you run it?
Code: [Select]
<?php
echo '
        server name :: ',  $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'], '<br/>' ,  'http post :: ', $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];

Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 02:37:07 pm by Spuds

Reply #2

Result of script:

server name :: elkarte.secretprojects.co.uk
http post :: elkarte.secretprojects.co.uk

Server is Ubuntu 14.04, PHP 5.5, Apache 2.4

Board URL is correct, just not the urls in smileys, avatars, themes. I know from SMF server migration experience these three are not derived from board URL in settings.php but are stored separately.

I might delete the install and try again.

Reply #3

Thanks I'll do some more looking as well.  I run on 14.04 as well but with Nginx as the web server.  Any other clues on the file upload, they may be a clue in the post response to the ajax request

Reply #4

So I figured this out - it is the Fancybox mod which is breaking the upload.

If I remove Fancybox, it all works fine.

Fancybox worked ok on 1.0 so I think this is a 1.01 issue.

Reply #6

Missing string fancybox_Padding in language files.

Reply #7

Would seem ... That txt string is something I added when I added all of the image upload site support to the addon.  Strange that was causing you (upload) issues though  :-\

Reply #8

Fixed it :)

Line 96 in fb4elk.subs.php

padding: ' . $modSettings['fancybox_Padding'] . ',

Edited to
                                padding: "' . $modSettings['fancybox_Padding'] . '",

Now Fancybox works, as does uploading :)

Reply #9

Ah ... broken JS in the chain, good catch.

Reply #10

Spuds you broke it!!!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

Its my special gift ! :P