Skip to main content
Topic: Upload stuck at 100% (Read 2593 times) previous topic - next topic

Upload stuck at 100%

When I upload a file the upload goes to 100% but then nothing happens. It seems to never really finish.

If I hit save the file is there though.

But the in-line attachment addons seems not be available if I go back and edit the post. In the sense that there is no button to insert the image. I can insert it just fine using the code.
Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 06:55:15 am by stanstrup

Re: Upload stuck at 100%

Reply #1

You mean here on this site or on your testing site or localhost or other?
Just to understand what kind of question I should ask later. :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Since @stanstrup  is talking about ILA as an addon, I thought it was a local install.

Reply #3

Better an answer from him than a wild guess on something as messy as attachments. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Yes I mean on my own server installation. It works fine on this site.

Reply #5

I'll move the topic to support later.

Windows or linux?
Version of php?
If you open the development tool of your browser (if you have doubts about how to do, feel free to ask), can you have a look in the console to see if anything is logged?
Usually if something fails there is a message in the log that gives some details on the reason.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

I am not sure which linux destribution the server is running (I only have ftp and phpmyadmin access) but phpinfo is reporting the PHP version as 5.6.20-0+deb8u1.
The console is empty and the forum error logs don't say anything either :(

Reply #7

That could be a debian / ubuntu package.  The first line should show system info, something like this: Linux tetuan.ahrasis.com 4.2.0-38-generic #45~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 9 09:27:51 UTC 2016 x86_64.

If it is Ubuntu it could be between 14.04 to 16.04 since the first is supporting php version 5.5 and the later is supporting php 7.0.

Reply #8

Linux php-v156.wc1.ord1.stabletransit.com 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt25-1 (2016-03-06) x86_64

Reply #9

Could you provide a test account? (Normal user with permission to upload attachments is fine.)
If you don't want to make the forum public feel free to PM me the data.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

PM sent.

Reply #11

Okay, let me summarize things I missed while reading your post.
1) You are using Elk 1.0.7,
2) with the ILA addon installed.
Then it's working as expected.
The interface for inserting links has been added to the 1.1 code, also the format of the bbc tag is different: with the ILA addon you have to use
Code: [Select]
[attach=1]
where 1 is the number of the attachment (in the order of upload).
True that in the preview apparently it doesn't work, I seem to remember it worked, but maybe I'm mistaken because I never used the addon so... let's wait for Spuds in the other topic.

BTW: as a biologist I like the argument of the forum. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #12

Aha. OK. I was comparing to this forum that surely works more intuitively with the attachments.

Thanks for looking into it. Looking forward to the next version then.