Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] Amazon Affiliate (Earn from Amazon Links) (Read 7652 times) previous topic - next topic

[ADDON] Amazon Affiliate (Earn from Amazon Links)

Simple addon to add your amazon affiliate id to any exisiting link to the amazon websites in order to earn money from those links. There's only one setting, see attached screenshot.
Note: The affiliate id is added to the hyperlink, not the link title  ;)

Download: Addon installation file is attached. / http://addons.elkarte.net/enhancement/Amazon-Affiliate.html
Compatibility: ElkArte 1.0 and newer.
License: MPL 1.1, http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/1.1/

Re: [Addon] Amazon Affiliate (Earn from Amazon Links)

Reply #1

Nice addition. Happy to see revenue generating addon in making.

Re: [ADDON] Amazon Affiliate (Earn from Amazon Links)

Reply #2

@TE thank you for not leaving me as the only one who has problems with FileName case!  I was feeling quite lonely  :D 

There were a couple of those case name buggers on the file-names and a small tweak to the uninstall section.  Did not see the repo so I attached the updates here.
Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 11:20:54 am by Spuds

Reply #3

Repo? what? lol...

I've created one just now.  thanks for the fixes  :)
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #4

LOL

Good one! ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Seems the addon loses the afilliate id in the URL when I quick edit a post with such a link. And it seems to have problems with some amazon URLs (for example when using a search inside amazon and follow the result to a product page). @TE Do you have time to check this?  O:-)

Reply #6

Quote from: Jorin – And it seems to have problems with some amazon URLs (for example when using a search inside amazon and follow the result to a product page). @TE Do you have time to check this?  O:-)
The initial link is a link to a product page or a direct link to amazon search results? Can you give an example?
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #7

Okay, did some testing.

It works great. Changes the link to the short link with affiliate ID. The link text stays the same, which is kind of confusing. It would be confusing also if the link text would be changed, so... Don't know which is better. If you edit a post with a link the link stays the same, all good.

But: If you quick edit a post with a link, the link changes to one without affiliate ID. The ID gets lost.

Edit: I use a link to the amazon page in my menu. On mousehover the amazon icon is invisible.  :D

Reply #8

I installed this addon but no tag is added to amazon links. Tried amazon.com links and amazon.it links. There is a small error in the zip attached in the first post, the name of the file Amazonaffiliate.english.php should be AmazonAffiliate.english.php otherwise will get an error during installation. No errors in elkarte log.
Also the english translation file is not copied into public/themes/default/languages/english but into public/themes/default/languages folder. Not a bug, but should be updated
sorry for my bad english

Reply #9

It works for me, but the installation was long ago...

Reply #10

I just tried on a clean 1.0.10 install and it's not adding the tag to the links.
I thought it wasn't working because of Nofollow addon or Favicon next to links addon...
sorry for my bad english

Reply #11

Maybe, I don't use these two addons.

Reply #12

I use this as well but have not tried it on a "fresh"  1.0.10 .... I'll take a look this weekend which is oh so close :D

Reply #13

thanks Spuds, take your time, it is not urgent  ;)
sorry for my bad english