Skip to main content
Topic: Adding an ad banner (Read 1887 times) previous topic - next topic

Adding an ad banner

My 3 Elk forums were all down for a day  (who knows if it was an a attack on my host or what, there not saying) but when my forums came back up the one with a banner ad at the footer was  missing the banner.  I forgot where I go to place the code to display it again.    Thanks....
Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 06:26:57 pm by elk_is_cool

Re: Adding an ad banner

Reply #1

The code shouldn't have changed due to being down unless you restored a backup.  Were you using an add on mod, or did you custom code it?  It may be missing a file.  Check the banner image file itself.  Hth!

Reply #2

What badmonkey said.
Anyway, if I were to add ads, I would touch index.template.php.
But then again, it depends what you did. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

I thought it my be easiest to just display the banner ad again, (I have the coding snippet for the banner), I just cant remember how I did it.  If it was a "post banners on your forum" plugin,  or an option that comes with Elkarte core.

Reply #4

It is easy, but it can be done in many (each of one easy) ways, so tell you which one to use is kind of difficult because we'd have to pick from several different options. So we'd have to either give them all, or pick one at random.

If it was me, I would have used http://addons.elkarte.net/feature/Simple-Ads.html
But I'm not you, so you may have edited a template file (index.template.php for example), or you may have used a SimplePortal html block.
Just to mention the first three options. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

THAT was what I was looking for Emanuele!    Thanks much, that was what I used.   I don't want to mess with core files if I don't have to.  Off to get the Simple Ads addon....