Skip to main content
Topic: Addon Test (Read 15274 times) previous topic - next topic

Addon Test

I decided to "update" one of my SMF modifications to an Elkarte Addon, Google Member Map

This was a somewhat quick and dirty attempt but wanted to get a feel for how much work was involved.  Overall it was not to much effort to update, granted I could have done more elk conversion  than I did but this was enough to get it to install and run.

There are still two source edits (one controller one template) that I did not immediately see a way to avoid and keep the same look, or somewhat the same.  If someone sees a way to avoid that let me know, I can't remember all of the hooks we put in place :D or if there was a way with the template layers.   But on the bright side the source edits did exercise that part of Elkarte to make sure it was still working.

Anyway its good for testing pacman which is what I was mostly after and did find a couple of bugs  :o

Re: Addon Test

Reply #1

Cool! :D

If there is no hook or way to do something, add one or change something else so that it can be extended the way you want... doesn't work like that? :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Indeed ... its just finding some of our hooks takes some detective work  ... Just because they are not where you expected them does not mean they are not there O:-)  So before I went adding more, I was, gulp, asking first  :)

Reply #3

lol

Yes, you are right, it's not always easy to fine them... O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

If only a list were maintained in the package manager of what hooks were available and testing occurred prior to installation that the hooks existed... ;)