Skip to main content
Topic: Forum loads only a blank web-page (Read 14478 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Forum loads only a blank web-page

Reply #15

Quote from: badmonkey – I've had a similar strange issue on a couple of occasions. It is possible for a post to corrupt the page. It makes little sense, but it can happen. The solution is manually removing the post. Do you have access to phpmyadmin?

Yes, I do have.

Reply #16

Anything in your web server and/or php error logs that would provide a clue?.

Reply #17

Quote from: hkokate –
Quote from: badmonkey – I've had a similar strange issue on a couple of occasions. It is possible for a post to corrupt the page. It makes little sense, but it can happen. The solution is manually removing the post. Do you have access to phpmyadmin?

Yes, I do have.

Did the issue begin immediately after the post? If so, use phpmyadmin to locate the last post. Inspect it for unusual characters or code. As a last resort, you may even consider deleting the last post. 

Reply #18

I cannot answer that because I uninstalled and reinstalled ElkArte 1.1.5 and I did not reinstall the addon that caused the problem.

Reply #19

???

Reply #20

Quote from: Spuds – Anything in your web server and/or php error logs that would provide a clue?.
They disabled logs for free hosting a while back, Even I wish they were on so that it'd have helped troubleshoot this issue faster.

Reply #21

Quote from: badmonkey –

Yes, I do have.

Did the issue begin immediately after the post? If so, use phpmyadmin to locate the last post. Inspect it for unusual characters or code. As a last resort, you may even consider deleting the last post.

Where exactly do I find the last post in all those tables? I found the elkarte_topics table, but, it just has topic_id, etc. How can I access the contents of a post?

Reply #22

Quote from: badmonkey –

Yes, I do have.

Where exactly do I find the last post in all those tables? I found the elkarte_topics table, but, it just has topic_id, etc. How can I access the contents of a post?

It's in the messages table. You can sort by Unix timestamp.

Reply #23

Quote from: badmonkey – It's in the messages table. You can sort by Unix timestamp.

Guess, I'm gonna be left without any solution. Deleting a few recent posts didn't help.

Reply #24

As of now, I'm gonna try to move to a different host and check is the issue persists, because for all I know, I am hosting 2 ElkArte on 2 different and both went down, probably at the same time. So, it either is php7.3 issue or something wrong from the host.

Reply #25

I went to your site and tried to bring up the ssi_examples.php file and it does load but I see an error:
Code: [Select]
Notice: Undefined variable: scripturl in /home/vol8_6/epizy.com/epiz_22075773/htdocs/forum/themes/default/languages/english/Downloads.english.php on line 530
which would indicate an error in an addon, perhaps a version that is not compatable with php7.3

ssi_examples ran fine, so that indicates php is running as it should, and the database is running as it should and ElkArte is able to fetch all of the data correctly.

Reply #26

Quote from: Spuds – I went to your site and tried to bring up the ssi_examples.php file and it does load but I see an error:
Code: [Select]
Notice: Undefined variable: scripturl in /home/vol8_6/epizy.com/epiz_22075773/htdocs/forum/themes/default/languages/english/Downloads.english.php on line 530
which would indicate an error in an addon, perhaps a version that is not compatable with php7.3

ssi_examples ran fine, so that indicates php is running as it should, and the database is running as it should and ElkArte is able to fetch all of the data correctly.

How do I unistall the addons then? Will just deleting them from the folder help?

Reply #27

It really depends on if the package was all integration hooks or if it made some source edits.

I'm attaching a file that may help, or may do nothing at all TBH

Place this in your forum root directory and call it from your browser as  yourforumurl/fixp.php  ...  it should show you the packages you have installed which may help in the debug, knowing whats been added is a start.

Note that this utility is intended to help mark packages as installed or uninstalled as sometimes that status can get broken, but it does not perform any install or uninstall functions, its just a simple db cleanup tool.

One thing that it can do is remove all integration hooks from the DB.  For packages that are 100% hook based, that action effectively disables ALL those packages from loading.  You must then go to the package manager and uninstall / reinstall all packages.   So use that button with some caution.  If the defective package was partially hook based it may also help, if it was good old source edits, it will have no effect.

Reply #28

Quote from: Spuds – It really depends on if the package was all integration hooks or if it made some source edits.

I'm attaching a file that may help, or may do nothing at all TBH

Place this in your forum root directory and call it from your browser as  yourforumurl/fixp.php  ...  it should show you the packages you have installed which may help in the debug, knowing whats been added is a start.

Note that this utility is intended to help mark packages as installed or uninstalled as sometimes that status can get broken, but it does not perform any install or uninstall functions, its just a simple db cleanup tool.

One thing that it can do is remove all integration hooks from the DB.  For packages that are 100% hook based, that action effectively disables ALL those packages from loading.  You must then go to the package manager and uninstall / reinstall all packages.   So use that button with some caution.  If the defective package was partially hook based it may also help, if it was good old source edits, it will have no effect.

You're a blessing, sir. There were a lot of addons, so, I just went ahead and used Remove all hooks option and that solved the issue. My forum now loads. Thanks, thanks, thanks a lot!!! I'll try the addons to see which one was the issue.

Reply #29

Update: This was the add-on (most-likely) that caused the error: Global Header and Footer (https://addons.elkarte.net/feature/BKE-Elk-Global_Header_and_Footer.html). As soon as I installed it, the forum started behaving in the same way.

However, when I did the same on my other forum: https://www.teleapps.ml/index.php, the forum loads fine, but, I can't enter any board. I can see the posts from links, but, not the board.

I get this type of a page (attached image). This forum (now) has no addons installed or even in the list.

However, this isn't an issue with the forum we discussed about till now.