Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] Google Analytics tracking (Read 14476 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON] Google Analytics tracking

Reply #30

the one Jason posted should work fine, I use this addon on two forums and it works great
sorry for my bad english

Reply #31

Yeah I tried that too. I only need to put the UI-XXXXXXXXX-XX right? It doesnt work at all and I dont know why.

Reply #32

Quote from: mmagss – I only need to put the UI-XXXXXXXXX-XX right?
yes, go to Administration Center >> Configuration >> Add-on Settings >> Miscellaneous

analytics.png

can you be more specific with:
?
Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 05:53:24 am by radu81
sorry for my bad english

Reply #33

Quote from: radu81 –
Quote from: mmagss – I only need to put the UI-XXXXXXXXX-XX right?
yes, go to Administration Center >> Configuration >> Add-on Settings >> Miscellaneous

[attach]4631[/attach]

can you be more specific with:
Quote from: mmagss – It doesnt work at all
?

Did the UA Code still show up after you clicked on save?

Reply #34

Usually repeat the installation doesn't really fix anything (unless a new version is involved). :)

Quote from: mmagss – Is there a chance we can add the analytics code directly without using the addon?
You can always: edit the template and put it where you prefer. :)

Reply #36

Quote from: mmagss – Did the UA Code still show up after you clicked on save?
yes
sorry for my bad english

Reply #37

I just installed this addon using the compatibility mode on 1.1 RC2 and seems to work fine ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #38

Quote from: mmagss – Did the UA Code still show up after you clicked on save?

i have the same problem. the code is not saved. is this fixed?

--

edit

this one works:
Quote from: emanuele – hmm...
This looks different again.
Try the attached one.

on the addon site: http://addons.elkarte.net/enhancement/Google-Analytics.html it's still version 0.0.1.
Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 08:24:53 pm by kucing
192.MY.ID: Forum ISP Indonesia.

Reply #39

emanuele has to update a lot of things. :'(
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #40

This is my first post, so hi everyone and thanks for this wonderful forum software.

My google tracking code has 9 digits (UA-123456789-1) and I've tried this addon (versions 0.0.1 and 0.0.3) in Elk 1.0.10 and recently in 1.1 without success. I've also tried by editing GAnalytics.integrate.php and extending the regex to a broader matching (UA-\d{6,10}-\d), without success either. The global header/footer addon is a no-go because in 1.1 malforms the pages and only shows blank. Any suggestions?

Edit: the tracking code is saved fine in admin/miscellaneous settings.

Reply #41

Hi and welcome :D

I've made a quick attempt to update the addon to install on 1.0 and 1.1 as well as use the async version of the GA tracking code.  There was a left over debug statement in .0.0.3 that may have caused problems.  I also consolidated the regex check to a string since it was used in a few spots and seems to need to be updated from time to time.

Anyway give this version a try!

Reply #42

Quote from: Spuds – Hi and welcome :D

I've made a quick attempt to update the addon to install on 1.0 and 1.1 as well as use the async version of the GA tracking code.  There was a left over debug statement in .0.0.3 that may have caused problems.  I also consolidated the regex check to a string since it was used in a few spots and seems to need to be updated from time to time.

Anyway give this version a try!

That did the trick! I updated the version info to 0.0.4 in  package-info.xml to allow installation over existing 0.0.3 versions. Thanks a lot!

@emanuele What's the easiest way for you to merge this update on Github? A pull request?

Reply #43

If you want, sure! :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #44

Done, cheers!