Skip to main content
Topic: STFS: Smart Title For SEO (Read 8519 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON] STFS - Smart Title For SEO

Reply #15

Hey! No worries. I like to try and test all the given codes though it may be broken or not working at all. That's how I learn most of the time - via errors. Keep tipping me. I like to have plenty of ideas in doing certain things rather than no or limited ideas in doing them. I have more fun learning that way.

Reply #16

Updated...

#Change Logs

@Version 1.3.1
- Removing unnecessary code.
- Restructuring addons directory and location.

Reply #17

Quote from: ahrasis – Hey! No worries. I like to try and test all the given codes though it may be broken or not working at all. That's how I learn most of the time - via errors. Keep tipping me. I like to have plenty of ideas in doing certain things rather than no or limited ideas in doing them. I have more fun learning that way.

Great attitude! thumbsupsmileymissing

Reply #18

#Change Logs

@Version 1.3.2
- Standardizing files' location.

Re: STFS: Smart Title For SEO

Reply #19

#Change Logs

@Version 1.3.3
- Make it work for 1.1 Beta 3.

Reply #20

#Change Logs

@Version 1.3.4
- Restored location back to /sources/addons.
- Fixed intgerate buffer error in PHP 7.

Reply #21

If using SimplePortal, the site title gets duplicated on main portal.
I can't link the site, as it's not accessible to others yet.
But, forum tab shows the title one time, just the portal page has it duplicated.

Also, suggestions for future updates:
1. Ability to have site title positioned by switch, to left or right of page title.
2. Ability to enter title want, into a field.

Reply #22

I am not so sure whether this addon can affect SimplePortal as it is only aimed to change the title in the browser for Elk. Normally, you will need to find the code that generates that title and change it OR maybe, just a maybe, you can add the code while creating the page i.e. inside that page code itself?

As per your first suggestion, the current one is already on the right, so this addon only change it to the left. I am not so sure about the second one though. Do you mean the ability to change the title of your forum? That should be done inside the forum ACP, don't you think? But, please, do clarify more if you mean other things per your suggestion.

Reply #23

1. Could add a selector, for those that have SimplePortal, that when checked, does not display the title on the main forum page. Normally, this would be the forum board listing, but with SP, it often is the main portal page. This is not a custom page you can edit through the SP pages function.

2. This addon adds the site title to page title, not just move from right to left. Without this addon, when I look at any page on the forum, it just tells the page title, and not the site title. So, a selector, would be nice to let the admin decide if they want site title to left or right of page title. (Yes, explained more in depth, for people not so familiar with the addon.)

Examples:
Unchecked: ElkArte Community - STFS: Smart Title For SEO
Checked: STFS: Smart Title For SEO - ElkArte Community

3. Sometimes, a site has a short name, which gets used for title, and a longer name that the logo would show. Like a couple of my sites, for example. The reason it's so, is that sometimes, where the forum shows the forum name, if it is long, it can look not so well. Luckily, some of that was fixed, by using the Home icon in linktree, instead of the whole forum name. However, there's still some other places.

My idea on the field, is for admins to maybe use a different name than the site's name is in settings. More a way to add to it, without adding to the official site name in settings.

Example: In settings: All Points Web Hosting
In custom field: All Points Web Hosting - Community Forum

Both, with page title before/after, depending on above switch.

Reply #24

1. I am not sure about SP as I am not using it.

2. Check and uncheck is there in the addon settings. If unchecked, the forum name will be at the end i.e default. If checked, the forum name will be at the first i.e. in contrast to default.

3. I will consider it. A field for it can be added in its settings.

Reply #25

#Change Logs

@Version 1.3.5
- Added board option e.g. ElkArte - Board - Page Title.
- Added reverse option e.g. Page Title - Board - Elkarte.

@Burke Knight, though not all, the addon has been updated to accommodate some of the ideas. I hope you like it.

Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 11:41:07 pm by ahrasis

Reply #26

#Change Logs

@Version 1.1.2
- Change version numbering to 1.0.x style.
- Fix settings to jquery to show other settings immeditely upon enable is checked.