Skip to main content
Topic: Install And Uninstall Details (Read 2100 times) previous topic - next topic

Install And Uninstall Details

It is about package manager and I am thinking that may be we can have an option or more so that the details when install and uninstall need not be shown unless there is error(s) detected. I mean to simplify install or uninstall, something as follows:

Install
Code: [Select]
No errors detected. This package you are adding should be able to be installed without any problems.

[Proceed with install] [Show all details]
Uninstall
No errors detected. This package you are removing should be able to be uninstalled without any problems.

[Proceed with uninstall] [Show all details]
I think this , if implemented, will allow quicker install / uninstall without the need to scroll down especially for long details in certain packages. I think [Show its details] button may be implemented using css display block and display none.

While, if there is any error(s), the usual details are shown or I think preferably just the one that has error.

Install
Error(s) detected. This package you are adding may cause problems if installed due to the following error(s):

List only the one that have errors here.

[Proceed with install] [Cancel install] [Show all details]
Uninstall
Error(s) detected. This package you are removing may cause problems if uninstalled due to the following error(s):

List only the one that have errors here.

[Proceed with uninstall] [Cancel uninstall] [Show all details]
This suggested feature may be plemented as an addon if it is not suitable as feature. All comments and suggestions are welcome.

Re: Install And Uninstall Details

Reply #1

I am still interested in this though there is no response. I'll look into this implementation deeper.

Reply #2

I guess the show/hide could just be some javascript trickery.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

I don't even recall reading this the first time  :-[ 

I agree that would be a nicer user experience, what we have now with all the edits etc is kind of the programmers view of things, but not really what a typical user would expect (IMO of course)  Should be able to do what you describe with a few hidden divs and some JS, hope you find some time to look in to it!