Skip to main content
Topic: Update the front page (Read 9451 times) previous topic - next topic

Update the front page

After browsing here for a moment, I've noticed things that I had no idea that you guys have done. Mostly, because I haven't been able to spend any good amount of time here reading all the posts...

I'd suggest you guys update the front page. Include more links to the tools you've created. I saw that you guys now have a tools.elkarte.net site. Maybe link to the different important tools. Maybe links to the mods and themes sites too now. You have quite a bit of stuff I think should be available. Right now, it seems like everything is getting lost in this forum.

Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Re: Update the front page

Reply #1

And now I see I missed the themes/addons links. But that would mean they need to be more visible. lol Move them up. And maybe even put them in the right column.
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #2

There are under the Home button. I agree that are not that visible ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

Yep, anyway, the sub-menus are not very evident unless you know what to click or mouse-over.

@IchBin what would you suggest? :P
Maybe few new buttons under the download/fork? Something like extend/design/tools/languages?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Quote from: emanuele – Maybe few new buttons under the download/fork? Something like extend/design/tools/languages?
Imo it's the best position for the new buttons, otherwise could add it into "Even more features?" box, but it's not so visible
sorry for my bad english

Reply #5

Tried to give it a bit of a facelift ... added buttons, converted to bootstrap, fixed the links, etc.

Reply #6

Nice! :D
The text color of the buttons looks a bit weak and difficult to read, but for the rest is pretty nice on both Light and BeSocial!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Good point, I tweaked it a bit just now ... there are some "fights" between our css and bootstrap, but nothing to bad.  Have to reset a few elements here and there.

Reply #8

Probably improvable, but better indeed! :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

Excellent, I was shooting for "needs improvement" or "just OK"  :P :P

I committed the changes to the repo so if anyone wants to take a run in the thunder dome, the files are there  :D

Reply #10

I like it, simple and clean!
sorry for my bad english

Reply #11

New front page looks great  :D

Reply #12

Just a small bug on homepage from tablet, the buttons are OK on forum

Reply #13

They should be below that ...  should be ..  That entire right side column should flow below left side column on narrow screens.

Reply #14

the problem is with the menu: