Skip to main content
Topic: Update the front page (Read 9458 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Update the front page

Reply #15

I have this problem with the icons too. Everything else looks great! Well done!  :)

Reply #16

Ah got it !! ... Yes thats bootstrap css overwriting ElkArte behaviors.  Bootstrap does some global "resets" to help resolve all the browser inconsistencies, I'll get that adjusted shortly.

Reply #17

Should be fixed now, it was caused by bootstrap applying border-box to all :before and :after pseudo elements.

Reply #18

Quote from: Spuds – Excellent, I was shooting for "needs improvement" or "just OK"  :P :P

I committed the changes to the repo so if anyone wants to take a run in the thunder dome, the files are there  :D

Can I try ?

Reply #19

Of course !

Reply #20

Love it Spuds! Sorry, I'm not the frequent visitor I once was... But to come back on this lol, that looks awesome. Maybe even put the importer link in that right side too. Well done! I forget it was in git, so I'll try to remember to propose something instead of just complaining next time. :D
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #21

I am trying to put some ideas on home page. Will post a teaser soon..

Reply #22

I don't know but to me, the "download elkarte, themes, adding, and fork" buttons look a bit awkward on the homepage on a desktop. They look a bit too big, plus they look nice but like idk they kinda ruin the look of the homepage a bit. :P

Maybe reduce the size or something :P

Reply #23

I think they look good personally. They bring attention to the important parts and make it easy to know where those things are located. Reducing the size could probably be done and still have the same effect though.
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #24

It would be unwise to give an effect on home page. People are warned of flashing ads that they might view the product with suspicious eyes.

Reply #25

I don't think anyone was suggesting to have anything flashing. Discussion was based on making the buttons smaller to have a desired outcome. Not to create any special effects.

Reply #26

Quote from: IchBin – I don't think anyone was suggesting to have anything flashing. Discussion was based on making the buttons smaller to have a desired outcome. Not to create any special effects.

Yup, this.

Maybe change the green color to something else cuz it doesn't really fit with the rest of the theme lool. By green, I mean that green button. Or maybe it's just me to whom it doesn't seem right to. :P

Reply #27

I mistook effect to CSS effect. Happens when we stay late :P

Reply #28

I also noticed something that needs fixing...

QuoteInitially based on the well known Simple Machines Forum (SMF), it began with an overall of the code in order to modernise, implement new features and make a forum software be relevant in a time of unprecedented social interaction. It has grown to become a modern and feature rich forum package to meet the demands of today's discussion groups.

1. overall should be overhaul
2. modernise should be modernize

Reply #29

Thanks .. should be fixed now