Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Re: New Breadcrumbs

Reply #5

LOL ... I like toast :P

Reply #6

???
Isn't "inbox" where you come from when you read a PM? (Unless I misunderstood.)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Breadcrumbs aren't history though. If you want to go back, use your browsers history.

Reply #8

Ahh... okay, you are right!

Actually, there are the two types of breadcrumbs: the hierarchical one and the historical one (I made up the names right now :P), but to be honest, I'm still not entirely convinced breadcrumbs are really used that much... lol
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

Quote from: emanuele – Ahh... okay, you are right!

Actually, there are the two types of breadcrumbs: the hierarchical one and the historical one (I made up the names right now :P), but to be honest, I'm still not entirely convinced breadcrumbs are really used that much... lol

Historical breadcrumbs are dumb, IMHO. Hierarchical breadcrumbs are marginally useful, mostly for navigating to the parent (or grandparent, etc) board, never to the category, and to the home page.

Reply #10

I actually use the breadcrumbs quite a lot. Just thought I'd mention that to screw up your theories. You're welcome. :)

(I actually do use the quite a lot)
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #11

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin –

Historical breadcrumbs are dumb, IMHO. Hierarchical breadcrumbs are marginally useful, mostly for navigating to the parent (or grandparent, etc) board, never to the category, and to the home page.

I too, use breadcrumbs.  Almost exclusively for the category. 

Reply #12

Quote from: badmonkey –
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin –

I too, use breadcrumbs.  Almost exclusively for the category. 

There's no point to directly linking to Elkarte categories. They're just links to the board index with anchor tags.

Reply #13

Depends how tall the board index is. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.